Got these two beauties yesterday....

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I found these two dimes in seperate holes just a few inches apart and about 5" deep in a site that we have pounded to death over the last several years.
Also in the holes were some square nails and nail fragments that were partially masking the coins, but I must have hit them just right to get a diggable signal.
Although I have several Barbers that I have dug over the last couple of years, these two are by far the best shape I have seen to come out of the ground.
Thanks for looking,
Felix

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,713
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,711
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,726
Upvote 0

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
They are nice, or you are a photographical genius! I don't have any that nice in my collection that I have been purchasing for years. Toast!!

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold
Nice finds, those are in great shape. Glad that you finally rescued them!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice indeed :icon_thumleft: try not to rub em so hard ::) i will walk back to my car and wash em, if i can not resist the wait to get home to see em.. MR TUFF

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could stare at them all day................great finds..... :hello2:

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
What a nice set of coins, they look unvelibable!!

congrats

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow! they are in great shape!!!! you did good finding them both in one day!!!!! Congrats! :notworthy:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible shape, but like stated above it is hard not to see the scratches you left on them by rubbing them. Next time you find silver use water to wash off the dirt, and do not rub the dirt. Great finds congrats!

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
haters. great find. silvers silver. better scratched in your hands then left in the ground.

*Update 6-1- haters meaning theres always someone on TNET raining on people parades when they make really great finds. Lighten up! ;D
So i'd rather congratulate then player hate. Who hasn't scratched a coin while Mding?:icon_scratch:
this is for the comments below btw.

Ha I probably sound real crazy now.

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
What Mr. Tuff and other company said about scratching the coin is important. You have lost a lot of value on an otherwise beautiful condition coin. I carry a small pill bottle of water to put a coin in if it needs it. That way it doesn't dry out between then and later, and often times much of the dirt will have loosened up by the time one gets home. Nothing I have ever found is as nice as your '14.

OP
OP
fwcrawford

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
Actually, I didn't rub them in the field, but waited until I got home to clean them and then only with a toothbrush and some water running over the coin.
They were also placed in a small box with cotton until I got home.
I think the scratches were already on them when recovered.

BURLIVES

Apr 14, 2009
Northeastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
CZ 6a
Beautiful coins...but as mentioned above don't rub. Silver is NOT silver....Many detectorists are serious , knowledgeable coin collecters. I collected 15 years before I started detecting. We're not haters, were lovers of this hobby and the thrill of getting a pristine coin (like the 2 above) out of the ground without damage is one of the great moments of this hobby. Nothing sucks more than finding a great find to only find out you messed it up. My friend found a VF+ 21-d Merc last year and scraped the back off. A $400 dollar coin became worth 50 bucks ,if that in a second. ERRGGH! These 2 dimes were great collector coins that were worth 20 bucks or more, now maybe just a buck or 2 more over melt. Were not being critical...just experienced hunters wanting you have a great find. Again beautiful dimes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions