Gotta love that silver!

silversweeper

Aug 22, 2011
Swampeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are my finds from a couple of different hunts, couple of different days. I don't have the time to post daily so I'm sorry if these are technically not all "today's" finds. The group of 3 dimes and wheats were finds from Sunday. I have to credit these to my CTX. I am 99.999% sure that I went over these very same square inches with a few different coils on my etrac and had to have come pretty close, if not right over them, with my CTX on the last trip to this spot. This particular park is so hunted out that no one from this area even bothers to hunt it any longer. Yet here are 3 silvers that I and others missed. The only explanation.....the CTX is just a superior machine. I was hunting with Deep on and manual sensitivity of about 26. These three rang up loud and clear in an area I've swung over several times before. The wheats, however, I may have been over and skipped before. I don't always dig them when I'm in a hurry.
The second grouping, from today, came from two different construction/destruction sites. The merc is a 1928, very worn. It and 4 of the wheats (all early except for the most corroded which is a 36 I believe) came from a local park where they have been doing some grading work. My buddy, MissouriJohn, and I hit that spot for a few hours after they were done for the day today. The barber, the silver ring, the pendant/fob/keychain, and the other wheats, came from a different lot where the ground has been leveled in preparation for new construction. I hit those on the way home from the first spot, and am so glad that I decided to stop!! Not sure if I will have time to hit it again. The fob/pendant piece is old and is from Chattanooga at a place called "Lover's Leap Rock City Gardens atop Look out Mt.". On the back side I can barely read the "See Seven States in Rock City". Pretty cool little piece. Not the large cent that I thought it was at first.....lol....but it's been a while since I've dug anything like this, so.....it's all good. OH...the Barber is a 1907 O. The wheats are '16D, '19, '18, '24D, 37, and a corroded '36. I usually don't care to dig wheats (pretty plentiful around here) but I sure don't mind the early ones.
The two hunts combined don't stack up to my recent Spanish silver finds but.......silver is silver and I sure can't bet on finding just too many Spanish around here this year......without more research and work....lol.
Happy hunting.

Attachments

• 323finds.jpg
    323finds.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 323finds1.jpg
    323finds1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 326finds.jpg
    326finds.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 326finds1.jpg
    326finds1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 326finds2.jpg
    326finds2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 3

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds !

Missouri_John

Nov 27, 2006
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Cool Cool, i thought that was a 1928 Merc you found today, but the rim was worn and i needed a magnifier to see the date. They definitely cut that dirt too deep today and buried all the oldies in that dirt mountain. I think we're supposed to get some good storms tomorrow, but maybe we'll get another round in

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread