Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow 7 Silver coins today..

I need to change my name to Silver Bob. I'm seriously thinking of it.

Went out and did a bunch of tear downs today.. Beautiful weather so I hit the road in the quest of getting to 125 for the year on silver.
I'm tired I must have dug 200 + holes today. I had 1 silver quarter after about 2 1/2 hours and thought that would be it for the day. Then I noticed an orange fence up the street so I decided to check it out. There was a person there so I asked if he owned the property he said yes and that it was being torn down. He gave me permission. I was swinging the coil for about 10 min. when I dug another quarter . After about 1 hour I had 6 wheaties,4 silver dimes and another quarter and the bracelet .

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 11-18-06 001.jpg
    11-18-06 001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 745
Upvote 0
OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
Congratulations on the mass of silver you are accumulating. ;D Curious as to how you did last year. I use to think 100 silver coins in a year was unobtainable for me. Now I see how it's done. The totals just add up very quickly when you come home with even a couple each time out.
I just got back in to md this year. I use to do a lot back in 1985 - 1993 and only a couple time a year after that. This year I got back into the hobby and told myself I am going to go out a lot. My wife thinks I'm obsessed with it . When I do go out it is for an hour or 2 "most" of the time. I found over 75 silver coins in the years past but this year has been good to me .. I think by reading all those TREASURE MAGAZINES for the last 10 years did some good... even though I didn't swing the coil a lot all these years I still stayed in touch with a hobby that I love.
Thanks BOB

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DesPlaines_IL_Bob said:
Mirage said:
Congratulations on the mass of silver you are accumulating. ;D Curious as to how you did last year. I use to think 100 silver coins in a year was unobtainable for me. Now I see how it's done. The totals just add up very quickly when you come home with even a couple each time out.
I just got back in to md this year. I use to do a lot back in 1985 - 1993 and only a couple time a year after that. This year I got back into the hobby and told myself I am going to go out a lot. My wife thinks I'm obsessed with it . When I do go out it is for an hour or 2 "most" of the time. I found over 75 silver coins in the years past but this year has been good to me .. I think by reading all those TREASURE MAGAZINES for the last 10 years did some good... even though I didn't swing the coil a lot all these years I still stayed in touch with a hobby that I love.
Thanks BOB
:'(

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest: