Grab it, palm it and cram it into your pocket

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Hey everyone,

I had an errand to run in a town about 75 miles away so I combined that with some detecting. Hand drawn maps in hand I headed out at 6:20 a.m.

Coins6-29d.JPG

Took care of my business before I started detecting. Hit two elementary schools finding the usual clad and 2 earrings. The third school on my schedule contained about a dozen munchkins and they promptly surrounded me. "Can I try it?" several of them shouted at once. "No you can't" I replied, "Now move your feet so I can see if I can find something." They backed off about a foot. I ran the M6 under the first swing and spotted what looked like a gold colored ring. I quickly bent over, grabbed it and jammed it into my pocket. Heh, heh, they were none the wizer! Fortunately for me they soon lost interest and wandered off. Perhaps it was because I wandered around the playground pertending to find only junk. The munchkins soon left for lunch and I had the place to myself. I pulled the ring from my pocket and gave it the once over. A 14K hallmark greeted my gaze. The ring had one purple stone in the center position and two empty spots where other stones had been...Bummer! I returned to the swings and restarted, spending a little extra time by the first swing looking for the missing stones. We all know how fruitless that search was. It wasn't long before I got a quarter signal which changed to 50 cents. "Yeah, right." I told myself. Most of the time when I get a 50 cent or $1 signal it turns out to be a hunk of slag. Not this time...out popped a really dirty 74 Kennedy Half...sweet! After digging all the available coins I went to the next playground.

Hit the next playground and only found 1 dime and 5 pennies, not worth the gas! The next park playground is sand and there is a large lightly sanded area near the parking area. After finishing the playground and only finding 11 coins I moved to the large area. This playground has more than its share of trash, the people using it just don't seem to care. Finally I got a penny signal and using my scoop I scooped up a mass of sand and pieces of wood and stone. When the sand drained from the scoop, there, nestled comfortably amongst the stones and wood was a pretty little 10K ring! Far Out.

The rest of the hunt produced no great finds and I returned home, arriving about 8:30 p.m., a long day. Here is the clad (not including 91 pennies). All told 1 1/2, 15 quarters, 23 dimes, 32 nickels and 92 pennies (one of which is a wheatie and is shown in the pic.

Coins6-29.jpg
Coins6-29b.jpg

Forgot to mention...the little cat thing in the next pic is a kids ring, it's laying flat on the scanner hiding the ring portion. So I'm up to 30 rings for the year, too bad they all aren't gold or silver! :(
Coins6-29c.jpg

Have a good one ya'all, I did. ;D

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow Bob, you are passing me up dude, very cool.
Love the goldies, wooowhooo! Congrats on that and all the fantastic finds.
Well done and thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Looking real good! Keep em coming.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on those rings and your Kennedy. Did you take that first picture in the area? That's a beautiful shot.

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
really nice finds!! great day for you. HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT picture and fantastic ring! Congrats on allll those finds!

Nana :)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and a fun day out, congrats on the gold! HH, Mike

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Bob!
One's got to love those TotLots and school yards. Generally it's a lot easier digging especially in the kiddy areas. Great job; I especially like seeing all those nickels (32-I'm impressed)!

GRB

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice pics prober and congrats on the finds ;)

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very good days hunt Prober--Congrats on the great finds.

Nice pics too.

R

RUDY2003

You blow me away with all that treasure Prober! Nice rings!
Thats the way to ward off the munchkins, jut pretty much ignore them.
That first pic is cool, looks like it otta be a postcard....
Keep diggin buddy...

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prober,
Very nice haul. Congrats on the ring. That first picture is beautiful. What a shot.
Congrats,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions