granted permission to hunt old elks lodge

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Tickled to death just called the president of the now recently folded elks club in my community, the lodge was built in 1924 for the elks this whole time . This is a very large building that has hosted many receptions and reunions, only a avg. yard but looks to be many hrs of hunting. Course I need to hunt quickly since the building is for sale. Right now Im borrowing my dads detector since my sister took mine to take to myrtle beach its a white s63tr goldmaster old but has found many coins any tips or ideas Im open to anything i feel good about this site. ;D

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A Whites 63TR? Wow! that's a dinasour. Circa late 1960s technology, but they were still selling them into the early 1970s. Max depth would be 4" or so (grasping for whispers), and you'll have no discrimintion (besides the inherent TR-all-metal ability to pass small iron). If anyone else has hunted that site with a modern machine, you'll definately have a challenge on your hand.

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
First time out found 69 censt in clad,lots of beer caps, and trash. Now waiting on my ace 250 to arrive and check it out again. Dave

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
found another 88 cents in clad No silver ??? oldest coin since ive been hunting is a 1940s wheatie thats it. Course still trying to figure out the pinpoint and learning the detector there has to be silver in this small yard, plus since the building is for sale just found out some in the city want it added to the national regiser of historic buildings so Ive got to hunt it out lol till it does.

nightwolf

Jul 8, 2008
Bureau County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I recently bought the ace 250 as well, very nice machine when you get the hang of it.
Here's a video on using the detuning method to pinpoint targets with the ace 250, I found it very helpful.
Hope it helps you with your hunting, good luck!

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
dasherhunting said:
...its a white s63tr goldmaster old but has found many coins

Neat stuff, these oldtimers remind of being a kid and reading White's Discover magazine.

Photo swiped from Ebay ad...

Attachments

• 63tr.JPG
    63tr.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 226

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread