Gravel Finds

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
The school they are tearing down near me has a playground area(the equipment was sold and is gone)that is all pea sized gravel. No wood chips! I have been scanning the area to keep my coin count up, not expecting to find anything except clad. Tonight I found this neat button..... nothing old I know.... but also found this silver pendant. It is stamped 925 on the back... I can not see if it says sterling.... the writing is so small...... I do not know anything about the stone... The scan doesnt even come close to doing it justice... it is a pretty little thing.... my little girl is now 5 months old and I promised it to her so off it goes into her future coin/jewelry collection.

Attachments

• silver.JPG
    silver.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Very cool little pendant. You should sell it and put the money in an account for her. By the time she's old enough for college she might just have enough to go.

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
The problem with selling it is that it does not even weigh 1/10 of an ounce... I have a set of postal scales here and it doesn't register on them.......if silver is 15.00 an ounce...... 1/10 would make it 1.50.... since this item isnt that heavy.. it is less than that....... to me the item is worth more than that..... now later on if I had lots of silver to sell.. I might add this item if it was ok with my little girl.....

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice pendant for sure, congrats!! Selling it as a piece of vintage jewelry on eBay would fetch a higher price. Keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Hey but you are discounting the jewel. That IS a jewel in it, isn't it? Is it something that would make it worth more? Or just CZ or glass or plastic or something?

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice finds,HH

R

RUDY2003

Great find minton!
I like findin' jewelry alot....

Keep safe and keep diggin'...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread