Gray Ghost Headphones

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone else experience a problem with the Gray Ghost headphones for use on the Garrett AT PRo of the connector not screwing fully on to the housing plug. On the stock Garrett the head phone connector screws all the way onto the connector jack on my AT Pro body, but the gray Ghost there are about 2 maybe 2 1/2 threads showing when the knurl connector stops. I know there is not that much room to screw the connector onto the Pro but the factory plug goes in easy and the Gray Ghost is difficult to get it to go into the connector housing. I'm very concerned that the connector is not sealing well enough to be water tight.

Thoughts Please!

OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone else experience a problem with the Gray Ghost headphones for use on the Garrett AT PRo of the connector not screwing fully on to the housing plug. On the stock Garrett the head phone connector screws all the way onto the connector jack on my AT Pro body, but the gray Ghost there are about 2 maybe 2 1/2 threads showing when the knurl connector stops. I know there is not that much room to screw the connector onto the Pro but the factory plug goes in easy and the Gray Ghost is difficult to get it to go into the connector housing. I'm very concerned that the connector is not sealing well enough to be water tight.

Thoughts Please!

Am I being over cautious are have others experienced the same. Would very much regret if I sumraged my AT and it leaked at headphone connection.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal, I moved your thread to the Garrett forum, you will get more responses here. Welcome to TreasureNet.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I would call Gary At Detector Pro about this. If it is a faulty connector and somehow damages the any components on the AT, there is a good chance it would void any Garrett Warranty. On the plus side, my Grey Ghost headset works perfectly fine on my AT Pro both on land and in the water. Here's the link to Detector Pro.

http://www.detectorpro.com/headphones.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hal2k

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would call Gary At Detector Pro about this. If it is a faulty connector and somehow damages the any components on the AT, there is a good chance it would void any Garrett Warranty. On the plus side, my Grey Ghost headset works perfectly fine on my AT Pro both on land and in the water. Here's the link to Detector Pro.

DetectorPro Professional Metal Detector Headphones

Thanks for the reply and the link.

There were a couple things that just set off alarms in my mind when I received the shipment.

First the factory seal on the box the headphones were in was broken. Second when I open the box, the phones were enclosed in a plastic baggie and there was a small plastic bag with an O-ring with a sticker that stated install on connector. May have been all a coincidence but the connector did not fit well just. I'm going to buy another set in the future but will be more careful as to who the seller is. But would think that detectorpro would have installed the o-ring on the connector before shipping.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are all like that, just use a pair of needle nose to snug down tight and use grease. They not well made headphones for sure, mine looked like refurbs when I bought them and didn't even come with an o-ring.... I bought mine from a very good dealer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread