Great afternoon out at a new spot!!!!!

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Three of us hit a new spot yesterday. We have learned that this was not an unknown spot and has been hunted hard in the past but that never discourages us. Lol. We got there around two yesterday afternoon and began the search. After an hour or so only a few modern bullets and shotgun hulls. I started working my way up the side of this slope and got a good kind of faint shotgun hull reading so of course i kneel to dig. This area is heavily wooded so i took my boot and scraped all the leaves and decay back and swept it again and saw it right on top of the ground,a beautiful eagle button in perfect condition. No bent shank which is rare for me. Picked it up and cleaned it a little and after putting it away i swept my coil over the spot again and there was more to come. Long story shortened i stayed at that very spot for the next three hours. All my haul came from that one small area of about five square ft. Awesome day awesome hunt. Five buttons came from the same hole. The rest right beside it. All three or four holes almost touched on edges. I need help to id the one thing im holding. Came from same spot. It appears to be a very small button in the center of the iron and please notice on the top of it is a small link of chain or wire so it seems maybe it hung on or around something at one time. I was thinking maybe it is a device to help sew on new buttons or something. I really have no clue. I had a great day. I thank GOD for it. GOD first everything else after.

HH

I forgot to add that all the buttons were marked on the backs with only the words (extra quality)
Could someone help me id those too please. Thanks in advance. .

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486403503.718671.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486403553.448602.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486403585.454678.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486403606.153955.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486403634.083759.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1486403663.437453.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good solid haul of buttons!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice spill of button! - Maybe off of the same uniform? :thumbsup:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the letter S in the shield on one of them , do the others have the same letter , or any other lettef ? would the S be for Signal corps?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice button group, congratulations! :occasion14:

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like you may have hit a burn pit. That is awesome!

OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks guys. Two days of hunting four hours each day hard hunting but only my haul produced at this site. Its like that sometimes. Im very thankful.

OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
fantastic! never had that kind of day but I'm hoping!

That was my first for a load of goodies in one spot. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It will happen for you most likely when you least expect it.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day with the buttons, Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread