Great cache finds will diminish as time moves on.

BLK

Mar 5, 2015
Northern New York State
Detector(s) used
Harbour freight cheapo. Trying and expermenting to see if I like it and then want to go Garrett or Fisher.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have come to the conclusion that the great cache finds will continue to decline due to the fact that people have not buried their money in tin cans or under old logs as time has gone on. Now days our fortunes are in the bank, the stock market and the insurance polices. All of which will never be hunted by metal detectors. What is the take of you all on this? Fortunately I live in an area that still allows
for some of this because it is still remote and has a lot of old abandoned farms, houses, etc.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come on now.... There's still a lot of them around I bet. While I understand what you mean by a cache... just a "good" coin can dwarf any cache. You have to be extremely lucky, VERY knowledgeable, smart and/or a combination of any of the above. I'd rather be lucky than good.... you can beat good but you can't beat LUCK (I know...:thumbsup:)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BLK,

I'd venture to guess there's still more coins, relics, jewelry, etc....underground than has been dug up over the years.

Just have to get your coil over it.....which is the tough part.

Regards + HH

Bill

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nah, we haven't yet found even 1/3 of the treasure left out out there. I think finds will INCREASE, as our technology gets better, and more and more greenhorns join our ranks. :occasion14:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, we haven't yet found even 1/3 of the treasure left out out there. I think finds will INCREASE, as our technology gets better, and more and more greenhorns join our ranks. :occasion14:
You took the words right out of my mouth. LOL
Marvin

OP
OP
B

BLK

Mar 5, 2015
Northern New York State
Detector(s) used
Harbour freight cheapo. Trying and expermenting to see if I like it and then want to go Garrett or Fisher.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, after reading the responses I have to change my position. The technology advance is something I had not considered. Before long we will probably be able to consistently find and differentiate metals with a hand held down to 20 feet deep. Imagine the process. Get read to buy a really good shovel and get in really good shape. I'll buy a long stick backhoe!! At 72 I am not shoveling 20 feet deep. Ha, ha.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread