GREAT day of Digging in Virginia! J-team and SC guest!

U

umrgolf

:hello: Hello Again from Virginia! What an awesome, fun, exciting day for Josh, Alan and myself! Alan, a great friend of mine from South Carolina was traveling from MA back home to SC today. He called me and asked to stop and hunt with us, so of course the answer was "heck ya!", and so we took him to a couple of our newer spots. He ended up with a few CW relics and some silver! Josh also had some nice CW relics and an 1850 seated halfdime. I ended up with some CW relics of my own and an 1853 seated dime. The weather finally cooled down to make the hunting enjoyable :hello2: Here are the pics! HH Jeff

From left- Josh, Me, & Alan
IMG_0285.JPG

1853 Seated dime
IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

Josh's 1850 Seated halfdime
IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

My find's at home waiting to be cleaned :icon_thumleft:
IMG_0286.JPG

2 1820's Eagle A's, CW Eagle A, CW General Service
IMG_0288.JPG

1853 Seated Liberty Dime
IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

Today's Silver (1853, 1892, 1940, 1941, 1944 qtr)
IMG_0294.JPG

Shoe Buckle piece and Dandy Button
IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

More Pics

Carved Chess Piece
IMG_0298.JPG

GROUP
IMG_0300.JPG

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

creeper71 said:
Nice hunt as always Jeff, I was shaking my head even be4 I opened this post cause I knew it was probly a good hunt for you!!

Thanks creeper :icon_thumleft: Honestly, we couldn't have prayed for a nicer day to hunt.. It's been 100F everyday and then today the high was maybe 82F :headbang:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

4-H said:
I'd say that was an excellent day!

Hit em straight,
Mike

thanks man! U really learn who ur friends are on this site :icon_thumleft:

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
be it colonial or civil war, you guys just kill it.
congrats on your ongoing successes.
that seated silver is sweet!

RJH02

Dec 30, 2007
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Silver umax w/ 7in Deep Search Wide scan coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds and the weather could not be better for this time of year. I hope you have a great holiday weekend.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dwayne...MAN, what a great day of diggin! Great Friends, Great weather, great relics, Silver, buttons, etc. We pretty much dug every type of relic you can ask for except for a plate! :headbang: :occasion14: :occasion14: And TWO Seateds in a day is pretty dang awesome if I say so myself....its definitely one that I go out to find everyday....I'll have My HalfDime cleaned up and posted later on tonight :headbang:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some great stuff there. Bravo to you guys! :hello2:

I don't say this often, but that's a really great looking General Service Eagle button. Nice that you got a knapsack J hook too. I really like digging those.

And of course, a hunt where everyone manages to strike Seated Silver is a great time! Well done.

Cheers,

Buck

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with BB on that service eagle button. Really nice patina. Great hunt! I'm also in Virginia, and you're right, the weather was perfect. Ground a little dry but I wasn't complaining. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Thank you all, like Josh said, great day, great friend and some great digs everyone had :headbang: And BB, that GS was without a doubt the nicest I've ever seen.. wondering if anyone would notice that thing :thumbsup:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
wow what a great hunt!! as i scrolled down i almost fell over! your buddy alan could be my twin. ;D willy

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you guys had a great day all good stuff :icon_thumleft: that Vig. soil gives up some nice buttons and silver Good hunt Dd60

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow! another spectacular hunt! super nice finds! congrats! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

dfx willy said:
wow what a great hunt!! as i scrolled down i almost fell over! your buddy alan could be my twin. ;D willy

Haha, that's awesome!! Alan's a great guy! I met him 2 years ago while detecting the park in his home town in SC. I was attending Nuclear power school a few minutes down the road and just wanted to give my new detector a shot one day. Low and behold Alan pulls up in his big red truck! The rest is history :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread