GREAT day of Digging in Virginia! J-team and SC guest!

U

umrgolf

:hello: Hello Again from Virginia! What an awesome, fun, exciting day for Josh, Alan and myself! Alan, a great friend of mine from South Carolina was traveling from MA back home to SC today. He called me and asked to stop and hunt with us, so of course the answer was "heck ya!", and so we took him to a couple of our newer spots. He ended up with a few CW relics and some silver! Josh also had some nice CW relics and an 1850 seated halfdime. I ended up with some CW relics of my own and an 1853 seated dime. The weather finally cooled down to make the hunting enjoyable :hello2: Here are the pics! HH Jeff

From left- Josh, Me, & Alan
IMG_0285.JPG

1853 Seated dime
IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

Josh's 1850 Seated halfdime
IMG_0282.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

My find's at home waiting to be cleaned :icon_thumleft:
IMG_0286.JPG

2 1820's Eagle A's, CW Eagle A, CW General Service
IMG_0288.JPG

1853 Seated Liberty Dime
IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

Today's Silver (1853, 1892, 1940, 1941, 1944 qtr)
IMG_0294.JPG

Shoe Buckle piece and Dandy Button
IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Hill Billy said:
More good stuff guys :thumbsup:, keep em coming.
Gotta love those yard hunts ;D

Hill

Hey thanks HB! We enjoy any type of hunting really.. woods, yards, fields, parks.. we'll take anything we can get ;D

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job fellas....keep em comin.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a pretty cool design for a 'dandy' not seen that type before :icon_thumright:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man Great post Jeff, That dandy button is great! Not a bad silver haul either. :thumbsup:

penniesmine

Jan 17, 2010
Low Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC/ Fisher F-75 Special Edittion LTD Black Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys i had a great time looking to come back again soon, and Jeff thanks for everything hope to hunt with you again soon talk to you later.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
umrgolf2010 said:
dfx willy said:
wow what a great hunt!! as i scrolled down i almost fell over! your buddy alan could be my twin. ;D willy

Haha, that's awesome!! Alan's a great guy! I met him 2 years ago while detecting the park in his home town in SC. I was attending Nuclear power school a few minutes down the road and just wanted to give my new detector a shot one day. Low and behold Alan pulls up in his big red truck! The rest is history :laughing9:
thats to much! i own a big red truck! :laughing9: willy

joefriday22

May 25, 2010
Nice finds Jeff.. Are you in the Tidewater Area? That bridge in your picture looks familiar. I'm in Chesapeake.

Rob

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love them early "A",s!!!As usual pulling the good stuff!!! :thumbsup:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man, you guys sure know how to put a guest on some great digs. I'm chartering a jet for Dman and myself right now-LOL. More SUPER finds. Is that brass piece (90 degree corner piece) from a shoe buckle or from a CDV in the group pic? WTG & HH, Quindy.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Man, you guys sure know how to put a guest on some great digs. I'm chartering a jet for Dman and myself right now-LOL. More SUPER finds. Is that brass piece (90 degree corner piece) from a shoe buckle or from a CDV in the group pic? WTG & HH, Quindy.

Thanks Quin. Yeah Jeff and I like to treat our guest like we'd like to be treated. Gave them the opportunity to dig some cool stuff. Allen dug some bullets, silver, and a nice George V Halfpenny. Definitely a good time :wink:
As for that 90 degree piece; At first glance it looked like it could have been an officers shoulder board for his rank but then when i saw how thick it was and how it was made its definitely to a buckle.

P.S. Don't forget your Al Gore backed "Carbon Credits" when you take your plane trip to come and see us ;D ;D :laughing7: :wink:

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that big dandy button and the one piece artillery!

Love the seated silver too!

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good hunt ...congrats ! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread