Great day with uncle Jeff and a Tnet member!

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
Great day with uncle Jeff and a T'net member!

Got an invite down to Hitndahed's place so Jeff and I drove down. First dig was a silver quarter, which set the tone for the afternoon. Ended up with a silver quarter, two silver dimes and nine wheats. Also got a possible NY 71st infantry pendant. Pretty cool finds. It was nice getting away from the home area which has become saturated with detectorists and dry on good spots. Thanks for the invite down and the hospitality you showed us! Hope to hunt with you again in the near future!

Upvote 7
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431822556.772862.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431822573.853809.jpg

very cool finds!, I know how ya feel with the detector saturation!, almost every site I hit feels as if it was cherry picked! that's ok though makes the finds more significant when im told "eh its been hit" lol!

nice amount of wheats and silver too!!

Sweet digs Dennis. Our area is hunted out thanks to your uncle Jeff:laughing7:.

Thanks cjon455!

Hahahah Tex, you got that right ;)
I don't fear hunted spots but just once I'd like to get into a Virgin 1800s site that is productive. I see guys in here that knock on doors and find handfuls of barbers, Indians and seated . I do that and find wheats, roosies and nails, ha!

I'm with you Dennis but it is nice to get out of the area... I just don't get to much now being the domesticated family man now.. But I'm having fun

Thanks cjon455!

Hahahah Tex, you got that right ;)
I don't fear hunted spots but just once I'd like to get into a Virgin 1800s site that is productive. I see guys in here that knock on doors and find handfuls of barbers, Indians and seated . I do that and find wheats, roosies and nails, ha!

TTF Definitely Helped you at the last spot !

ive recently started trying that TTF, very cool but i hate the tones lol!

well The front of the place seemed loaded with Iron.
I was either Silent Or broken 90% of the time.
All three of us were hitting the front yard
And Den was pulling Wheats & Silver where I was getting Nothing with the SE
& they were only an inch or so deep.
No idea on the Silver depth though

Silver was also only an inch deep. TTF is great when you get used to it but I have to stop often due to the start of headaches from all the noise!

Awesome hunt you guys had! Congrats! Nice silvers! Beats what I find!

I hunt really trashy school

Nice finds, I am still looking for my first silver quarter.

Silver was also only an inch deep. TTF is great when you get used to it but I have to stop often due to the start of headaches from all the noise!
sometimes ill go in ttf for a while, then if i get a hit, switch over to the andy s coin mode and see if it registers, i got a few wheats the other day like that

Good digs! Verrry interesting medal! And I love that quarter. It has character. Been through a lot of past shenanigans that bent it and still kept going to get to you. Reminds me of 3/4 of a dime my mom found in a field that had been chopped off by a mower. Then me or her (can't remember) found the missing 1/4 piece several feet away!

"Bend me?" "Sever me?" "No bother, a friendly detectorist will save me."

Btw pondering about that medal/pendant/badge: The NY at the bottom is the same graphic as the New York Yankees use. I'm not suggesting this is a baseball medal, since it sure doesn't look like it, but since it's not and is also old, now I'm wondering when/where that NY letter-crossing graphic was first used. And whether the Yankees were inspired by/stole it or what. Anyway great finds, glad you had fun!

Edit: after searching, the crossed N and Y for New York was apparently, maybe, though certainly not for the Yankees, designed first in 1877 by famed artist and glassmonger Louis Comfort Tiffany. In order to honor a fallen officer. Or maybe not. There's a lot of confusion. Also confusing is that I can't find any medals that look like this from any military unit, so not sure it's from the 71st NY from any time. Nor any NY police badges, or honor medals. Link to an interesting and seemingly well-researched article about the NY graphic for the Yankees:
http://baseballresearcher.blogspot.com/2010/03/that-famous-yankees-logo.html

Me--still in wonder about what that find is!!

Last edited:
Yea guys,,,
We had a BLAST for sure,, and I'm pretty sure there are WAY more goodies,,, at both spots.
Awesome to meet you both too,,,There WILL be better times coming too, the weather was pretty brutal, humidity wise for sure.

By the way,,, I found my first "real" finds with my IRON MAGNET Fisher CZ7.
It's a pretty good machine and it is taking me a while to learn its "language".

Thanks for coming down guys,,, you are ALWAYS invited.

Hit

Glad you could show your uncle Jeff what silver looks like and you should remind him on a daily basis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back