The XP Deus slams it on the relics today!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I juiced up the title deliberately due to all the "AT Pro finds, etc." posts lately, lol.

It has been tough going the last 3 weeks. We literally will have 15 minutes of storms and then it gets hot and then it will rain for 2-3 days straight. I never remember having this much rain and thunderstorms.

We got out this morning with no particular place in mind. We went down to this park that dates to the 1800s, but it was over-run by soccer players and military. It has an old military arsenal on it, but I would have been surprised if we even found anything. It had probably been detected hundreds of times over the last 50 years.

We moved on down the road and stumbled on this condemned house. I had spoken to the city concerning city condemned homes and I was told they are fair game to detect unless the neighbors have a problem. Things started out really slow with just a few wheats and then I found the Civil War era bullet. Strangely, I have found more CW bullets this year without even trying. This will be the 5th one I've dug up in old yards this year. I switched over the opposite side of the yard after my hunting partner went down the side and found the silver Rosy. The rosy was 6-7 inches deep and on edge. I missed pinpointing it, and dug a sideways hole to it. I saw it at the bottom of the hole and thought it was a piece of foil at first. I then found the crotal bell. The crotal bell is a first for me and it still has the tinkler in the middle.

A little later we bombed out on another house and I walked back to the same house and found the little St. Christopher charm (the Deus amazes me that it makes the small stuff sound real loud) and the Chinese coin (first also) plus a few more wheats. I was very surprised that no Indian Head cents made an appearance. Altogether I found 8 wheats, ranging in the 30s-50s and then I have one 1917.

Oh, any thoughts on the key looking items would be appreciated. I am not totally sure if they are keys or what type of keys. Thanks.

20150516_143248.jpg20150516_143243.jpg
20150516_163437.jpg20150516_163613.jpg
20150516_163632.jpg20150516_165628.jpg
20150516_165635.jpg

20150516_163548.jpg

I also found this really cool knife handle today, lol.

Anyone can tell what it is?

20150516_164520.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Nice bunch of relics you found!, you didn't atp, but decided to deus it up, lol!

Nice job. It looks to me like the key on the far left is a winding key for a music box maybe. The one on the right could be for a pocket watch, just my guesses. The handle looks like it comes from a vegetable peeler.

Nice job. It looks to me like the key on the far left is a winding key for a music box maybe. The one on the right could be for a pocket watch, just my guesses. The handle looks like it comes from a vegetable peeler.

I thought the keys were from clocks but they don't have threads or anything lock onto a winding mechanism unless they are broken. LOL, I knew it was a vegetable peeler (vegetable squealer). I told my detecting partner that it was the first time I have ever dug one of those. It was in the same hole as a wheat.

Watch winders I have found had that round piece as part of the winder (on the top) the other key thing I'm not sure, but would bet it was some type of winder. Looks like a roller skate key (maybe)

Great finds, you are the hardest working man metal detecting in your state!

Watch winders I have found had that round piece as part of the winder (on the top) the other key thing I'm not sure, but would bet it was some type of winder. Looks like a roller skate key (maybe)

Great finds, you are the hardest working man metal detecting in your state!

Thanks, I work very hard at it. Unfortunately, I haven't "cracked the code" on finding the REALLY old stuff. I get encouraged, by Buckle Boy who lives south of the Mason Dixon like me. He seems to constantly pull in old silver. I was asked by my club if I would do all the site asking and scouting for them. I would like to, but I really think this would burn me out and make it less of a hobby and more of a choir.

Pretty, cool we have a few consistent/hard driven detectorists on this site. I hope to just be part of the "club", :laughing7:

Last edited:
I did some research on the tag:

There was a Joe Salden that lived in Little Rock and was born in 1873. There is an address for High Street on the tag. In looking at my old maps, High Street is now Martin Luther King Street. Perhaps, people helped High Street live up the name and they had to change it, LOL.

Pretty cool. I IDed the Chinese coin to the Qing Dynasty when Ch'ien Lung was the emperor. It dates between 1736-1795. My first 1700s' coin.

The little necklace pendant is of St. Anthony which is the saint of finding things or lost people. Neat coincidence. Very strange day for me indeed.

Last edited:
I did some research on the tag:

There was a Joe Salden that lived in Little Rock and was born in 1873. There is an address for High Street on the tag. In looking at my old maps, High Street is now Martin Luther King Street. Perhaps, people helped High Street live up the name and they had to change it, LOL.

Pretty cool. I IDed the Chinese coin to the Qing Dynasty when Ch'ien Lung was the emperor. It dates between 1736-1795. My first 1700s' coin.

The little necklace pendant is of St. Anthony which is the saint of finding things or lost people. Neat coincidence. Very strange day for me indeed.

Good job on the ID's and info PM. When I first started, I found a tool tag that says LOST lol! I always thought that odd too. Keep plugging away.

The St. Christopher is cool, I never saw a design like that.

Good job on the ID's and info PM. When I first started, I found a tool tag that says LOST lol! I always thought that odd too. Keep plugging away.

I looked at the tag closer and it has a faint outline of a dog in the background. Around the ring, it says "Please Return". On the back it has a 5 digit alpha numeric telephone number. Apparently, it was a dog tag. My detecting partner guessed correctly. The address is at least ten blocks away from this house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back