Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got a few hours in before the rain at a colonial to Civil War spot I found in a field a few years back. Nothing but iron left in the field so I worked an overgrown slope leading down to a dried out creek bed just adjacent to where the bulk of my previous finds have come from. It was hard work trying to swing the coil through there but it paid off. Found my first “Eagle A” button as well as my first first year IHP. Found a bunch of Flying Eagle Cents over the years but never a 1859 Indian. Also got an 1864 2 cent and a 1865 IHP. Some flat buttons, eagle cuff button, toe tap, and a very tiny bird band rounded out the finds

Attachments

• ADCE411C-40CD-4C4D-9783-51100805A897.jpeg
    ADCE411C-40CD-4C4D-9783-51100805A897.jpeg
    557.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 30
Nice, like that “A” button

Congratulations on some well deserved finds :icon_thumleft:

I need a day like that. Congrats on digging a fist full of keepers. :occasion14: That 1859 looks good.

Those are really great finds. Congrats! :thumbsup:

The A button and toe tap are great. Congratulations on a nice hunt

Congratulations on the awesome old coin shooting. :occasion14:

Always an exceptional day when first time finds are in the mix. Congrats on the Eagle artillery button and 1859 Fatty Indian Head Cent. Two very special recoveries and deserving of a few Woo Hoos, followed by a Happy Dance.The 2 cent piece is always a sweet coin as well. Excellent hunting mate.

Thanks all. It was a great day especially considering it was my third choice since the other too still had goose hunters on them:BangHead: I think today was finally the last day though:hello2:

Dang it takes some of us years to find all that. Thanks for the great post

I gotta start doing permissions

What's not to luv when you end up with handful of CW goodies .....

~~ Keep hitting it , & many more ~

That hard work paid great dividends- Congrats on the awesome finds!

-- Jeff --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back