Great Grandmas Coins

99Brown

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2006
Illinois
Great Grandma's Coins

Have not been on the TNet sight to post for a long time. Nor have I been able to go metal detecting.

Long story short, we have been working at my great grandma's house cleaning and going through stuff on the weekends as she has been put in a nursing home. Sucks to get old and be physically good, but mentally out of it! 90 years old though, so that is amazing in itself.

Anyways, here are some finds. Couple of nice scores in her home and safety deposti box.

The first one, I about Dekalbed ;D (new TNet word just for Ed!) myself when I saw it! Yes, 1798 Draped Bust Dime! 209 years old! Very worn and holed, but still cool. Is it worth anything since it is so bad? You all be the judge. Never held a coin this old. It was a weird feeling, that made me think about all that has gone on, and how it survived. If only it talked! ;)

Also, some cool foreign coins, including the 1831 5 Francs (silver dollar size), and lots of Canadian silver dimes and quarters.

Oh, and about forgot, a cool 1846 Big Penny. Decent shape penny.

Anyways, thanks for looking, and any comments on condition or value is appreciated!

99Brown

Attachments

• DSCN5798.JPG
    DSCN5798.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,450
  • DSCN5799.JPG
    DSCN5799.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,444
  • DSCN5797.JPG
    DSCN5797.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,444
Upvote 0

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Great Grandma's Coins

sorry to hear about your grandma. hope all is going well.

Best to you

hh twister

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah...so sorry to hear bout your Gradma too, 99. Looks like she enjoyed collecting too. :)

Very nice collection!!!

Nana :)

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004

Very nice coins. Not sure how I missed this one. I keep wondering if my kids, or grandkids, or even great-grandkids, will get a chance to hold all the stuff I have dug up over the years and pass them down. Would be nice to have something passed down that great great granddad found in a hole and passed down to the line for the family to display. Hopefully they keep them and keep the chain going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread