74.9 KB · Views: 92

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, don't feel too bad, I once found the hood of an old car. At a ski area no less! Next time you get a signal like that, start raising your detector up and up, if it is still signaling two feet off the ground, you will know it is something really big!

Last edited:

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oohhh man... Lol.. That stinks. I dug a 2 foot square by 3 foot deep hole in my yard to get out a rusted piece of tractor . After the first 1 1/2 , I pretty much realized it was trash but had it sticking up above ground level n had to spend another 1 and half prying it out ... Biggest waste of 3 hours of my life!

OP
OP
deb55

deb55

Apr 11, 2013
There was an old house here so I am going to look more. The property belongs to a 1800's fire house. It used to be a school. There is a ball field there. Some big old trees. The guys there are anxiously waiting to see what I find. One likes to walk with me, now if he would do the digging. ....I think I got a silver dime tonite at a playground. It's hard when the kids are all over you. But I bring some new pennies and drop them so they can help for a few minutes. I tell them I am looking for a ring a friend lost if anyone gives me a tough time. I have a fisher f2. I turn my sensitivity up and discrimination to zinc. Sometimes my pinpoint does not work when I press it. Not sure why. But I am learning the sound. Tomorrow I am going to the adirondack mins to a very old camp. Wish me luck.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Deb55! While you are tossing some coins on the ground put some down for yourself so you can practice! That silver dime for one, a nickel ( cause detectors put it in the gold classification) and an actual older and copper penny.

Learn all you can about your machine to put keep your time out there with it as positively productive as possible...............63bkpkr

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that can happen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions