Great hunt today. 5 Roubles Russian Memorial low mint. And Gold Ring.

RyanOShea

Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went hunting in the evening today with Neil McElroy. And found this cool Russian Memorial 5 Rouble coin using my Minelab Explorer II. Did some checking on it online and found, out of all the Memorial coins minted, excluding the Olympic Series it has the lowest mint number.

Just as Neil and I finished our hunt Holly joined up with me and we had a quick dinner. And went back out. Holly found this awesome gold ring using her Minelab 305.

Today was a great day hunting. We plan on getting back out again tomorrow. Finally getting the hang of the Minelabs. And really loving the machines. They are top form! This new hobby is loads of fun. And just can't get enough of it!
Read about our hunt today. And see more pics here at our webpage.
http://ihatepulltabs.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• Rouble1.jpg
    Rouble1.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 384
  • Rouble2.jpg
    Rouble2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 383
  • Goldring.jpg
    Goldring.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful ring. You've made a nice find.HH....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome to TNet !!
Great looking ring; is the gem an amethyst?
I believe the token represents the 70th anniversary of the October Revolution, one phase of the Russian Revolution that eventually led to the formation of the Soviet Union in 1922.
Don.....

OP
OP
R

RyanOShea

Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac. Ex2. X-Terra. Garret pro pointer. Fisher Headphones, Whites headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
Welcome to TNet !!
Great looking ring; is the gem an amethyst?
I believe the token represents the 70th anniversary of the October Revolution, one phase of the Russian Revolution that eventually led to the formation of the Soviet Union in 1922.
Don.....

Yes it is an Amethyst. Not a diamond. But hey, I'll take it. :) The token is actually 5 Roubles. Russian money. Not really sure how much it translates to though. Dunno if Roubles are Russian Dollars, or fractional. There are several series of these comem. coins. And you are right it is the October Revolution of 1917. I highly doubt the coin has any value. Numismatic or dollar. But I think its a cool find. I have never seen any kind of Russian money before. And the fact it is so huge is really neat. It weighs one ounce. And is thicker than a American Ike Dollar.
Personally I think its a more interesting find than the ring. And will make a great addition to my world coin collection.
The ring on the other hand. Is gold. And you gotta love finding gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread