camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out detecting today with TC4. I found a old park and schoolyesterday as I was coming home from detecting a local lake. TC4 wanted to head back last night, but I made him wait for today to be able to hunt for a longer time. As soon as I got started I got a good tone @ about 3 inches that was a wheatie. Within 10 minute I got a nice silver tone @ 4 inches that turned out to be a nice 1906 Barber Dime. TC4 came over to check out what I had found and as usual I was called a scumbag. Within 20 minutes I again got a nice silver signal @ 4-5 inches that turned out to be a 1876-CC Seated Dime in rough condition. When I first dug the hole I found a small brass buckle in the hole. As I looked down at the hole again I could see the edge of the dime. I reached down to get it and turn it to see the front. I got so excited I was meaning to throw away the buckle, but threw the dime instead. Had to search for it again for about 10 minutes. By that time TC4 came over to me to see why I was searching the weeds. I handed it to him and he said your walking home. I again search the area and came up with the 1897 Barber Dime @ 4 inches. As I moved back towards the car, making sure I don't get left behind. I got another silver tone @ 7 inches (the deepest so far) that was a 1952 Rosie Dime. We then packed everything up a headed to local college. To make things short I found one more Rosie Dime and 3 wheaties. Thanks For Looking. Camb1

Attachments

• File0053.jpg
    File0053.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 859
Upvote 0

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds. Its amazing how much silver is out there still waiting to be found. Congrats!

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
That is one great hunt as you said. All those oldies in one trip. :thumbsup:
Love your 1876 CC, I have also found this coin same date and mint. It is my oldest to date.
Outstanding!

BW

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yu have one heck of a site there to get 5 silvers :headbang: Maybe you should relax a while and let others get a little taste of that silver :laughing9:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt there congrats.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, Congrats.....

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coins Camby. Congrats.......Hogge :headbang:

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
limegoldconvertible68 said:
Those are some great finds. Its amazing how much silver is out there still waiting to be found. Congrats!

Thanks limegoldconvertible68. It's out there for sure, just have to do research. HH

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikefromIllinois said:
nice finds, i would like to find 5 silvers in one day.

Thanks mikefrom illinios. It has been awhile since I have found some. Found a great spot.

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Yu have one heck of a site there to get 5 silvers :headbang: Maybe you should relax a while and let others get a little taste of that silver :laughing9:

Thanks spartacus. I will give everyone at least 5 days. ;D HH

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
WTG Bruce !!!!!Congrats on a great hunt .Dont forget your buddy next time !!! :laughing7: outch it hurts to type !!!

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t-bucket said:
WTG Bruce !!!!!Congrats on some great a great hunt .Dont forget your buddy next time !!! :laughing7: outch it hurts to type !!!

Thanks G. Hope you get better soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread