Great hunt with Sentinel! Some great finds including an awesome 1812 Navy Coat!

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Met up with Sentinel for a quick 2 day tour of some of his hotspots. !st day we got a late start because of bad rain, but I managed to find the eagle A cuff! He took me to some amazing spots that wreak of history! Josh also stumbled across a sweet dig the 1st day! The 2nd day was a beauty and the relics were ripe for the picking! My first dig was this sweet early Bank of Upper Canada Half Penny Bank Token! NEver found anything like that ever! It wasnt long and the bullets started turning up from the ground. I managed a few .69 cal round balls some .58 minis and a few BIG BOY .69 cal minis! A found some good GS eagle coats and then a nice green and gold disc rolled up from the depths and showed its self for the first time in nearly 200 years! It was a sweet 1812 Navy Coat button with some good gilt remaining! This is my 1st 1812 button and I couldnt be happier! Josh found a great find this day as well!!!! BUt youll have to wait to see this one!

Maybe I can give you a sneak peak....

Josh thanks my friend and until next time!
HH
James
:headbang:

Attachments

• DSC00061.jpg
    DSC00061.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,329
  • DSC00048.jpg
    DSC00048.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 1,307
  • DSC00049.jpg
    DSC00049.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,309
  • DSC00060.jpg
    DSC00060.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,323
  • DSC00053.jpg
    DSC00053.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,307
  • DSC00054.jpg
    DSC00054.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,302
  • DSC00057.jpg
    DSC00057.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,301
  • P1060743.jpg
    P1060743.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,292
  • P1060738.jpg
    P1060738.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • P1060740.jpg
    P1060740.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,301
  • P1060742.jpg
    P1060742.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,295
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
treasurehound said:
Awesome hunt James. You and Josh did great. That button looks sweet.

Much appreciated my friend! :wink:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Bank token is pretty far south ! Nice find :hello2: But that early navy button steals the show of a very nice group of finds :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
MaineRelic said:
That Bank token is pretty far south ! Nice find :hello2: But that early navy button steals the show of a very nice group of finds :icon_sunny: MaineRelic

That what I was thinking too !!! Aparently there were some far north soldiers camped at this spot and I think that umrgolf recovered a full penny token of the same design as well! Thanks

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jamesbibb said:
MaineRelic said:

That what I was thinking too !!! Aparently there were some far north soldiers camped at this spot and I think that umrgolf recovered a full penny token of the same design as well! Thanks

James, here's the one that Jeff dug...its just like yours except the larger One penny size...http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,318282.msg2294588.html#msg2294588

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:
MaineRelic said:

James, here's the one that Jeff dug...its just like yours except the larger One penny size...http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,318282.msg2294588.html#msg2294588

Yep that sjust like mine Thanks Josh

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jamesbibb said:
{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:
MaineRelic said:

Yep that sjust like mine Thanks Josh

No problem, I thought it would be cool to show you the one he dug. Its funny that it was the same type. I dug a 1837 Bas Canada Bank Token down the road as well....there seems to have been many brought down this way.

DirtDigler

Apr 10, 2010
Caroline Co., VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Mr. Bibb, Great finds, as usual! I'm in the area and would love to hunt with you sometime. I have a couple of nice spots we could work. Drop me a note sometime.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Those are some great finds. That button is just stellar! :thumbsup: jgas

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o LOVE that button! Heck, it's all fantastic, James! :o Congrats on a spectacular hunt! :notworthy:

Nana :)

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Woodland Detectors said:
:headbang:

Woooohooo What a great find James. Josh is a great host and an awesome Historian isn't he? Congratulations buddy on a rare button in such fine shape.

Mike

Thanks Mike! I really expected it to be another colt45 cap! LOL Imagine my suprise when it was a great target!

MiniMe said:
Looks like you all had a great day! Congrats!! HH!

Absolutely it was a blast THanks HH

DirtDigler said:
Mr. Bibb, Great finds, as usual! I'm in the area and would love to hunt with you sometime. I have a couple of nice spots we could work. Drop me a note sometime.

I always enjoy hunting with some fellow Tneters will do!

romeo-1 said:
That's a beauty!

Thanks Romeo!!! :icon_thumleft:

jgas said:
Those are some great finds. That button is just stellar! :thumbsup: jgas

Thanks jgas!!

HH :headbang:
Nana40 said:
:o LOVE that button! Heck, it's all fantastic, James! :o Congrats on a spectacular hunt! :notworthy:

Nana :)

HEy Nana thanks you just made my day!

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:
MaineRelic said:

Someone must have brought the penny tokens with them, and lost them all playing poker LOL

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jamesbibb said:
{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:
MaineRelic said:

Someone must have brought the penny tokens with them, and lost them all playing poker LOL
:laughing9: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions