Great Quarter Score "pictures included"

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Quarter Score "pictures included"

Hello fellow hunters. This is my first post on Treasure Net. I've been reading this forum for quite a while. Promised to join when I find my dream score.
Long story short, last Saturday I went to the bank and purchased 20 rolls of nickels. As soon as I reach the counted, the teller smiles and says they have some interesting stuff for me. Got really excited. She then hands me 3 old 1 dollar bills (1937,1967,1973).
Later I opened my nickel rolls and got 4 AU 1967 nickels out of them. Wanted to run back and buy every quarter and dime roll they had on hand to search them. Too bad they were closed.
Today, I got in the bank and asked for 25 rolls of quarters and 20 rolls of dimes. Looked at them quickly and noticed two silver enders. Got so excited. Opened rolls at home... and what a score! :6 silver quarters and 3 silver dimes. Funny thing is: all quarter rolls except of two enders were complete skunk ;D

Here are pictures, enjoy:

Attachments

• Enders-sized.jpg
    Enders-sized.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 971
  • All-sized.jpg
    All-sized.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 972
  • Proof-quarter-sized.jpg
    Proof-quarter-sized.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 993
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Great Quarter Score "pictures included"

nice finds, cool quarters, and welcome!!

OP
OP
Canadian hunter

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Thanks. I think it was someone's micro stash cashed in, but silver is still in the wild.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Canadian hunter said:
Thanks. I think it was someone's micro stash cashed in, but silver is still in the wild.
Must be annoying to CRH in canada, with all edges silver colored, you actually have to date check.

OP
OP
Canadian hunter

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Actually, the nickel edges are a bit darker than silver ones, so once you run through 1000$ face in dimes you will get the trick. I know US coins are easier to pick though ;D

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011

We dont get awesome cats on our silver coins though! i want one! wanna trade up for something? pm me

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

BuffaloBoy said:
Canadian hunter said:
Must be annoying to CRH in canada, with all edges silver colored, you actually have to date check.
I think I have said on here before, in Canada we don't edge check, we don't date check, we magnet check. At least I do.
Nice score, I have yet to get my first silver quarter from the bank, and did I read that correctly, you found a 1937? Wow thats nice. The best I have found was either a 1954 EF devils face or a 1973 serial number 0000047.
Welcome.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010

Great score! Those Cats are cool coins. Congrats :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Canadian hunter

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Well what can i say. I open the roll, then edge search, if coin looks like silver i pull it out. If not just look at the date. I don't use a magnet, because the silver coins can be attracted too while being stuck in between the steel and nickel one's. At some point I will post the picture of full roll with silver coin sitting in the middle, so you guys can see how the hue of a coin is different.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

Canadian hunter said:
Well what can i say. I open the roll, then edge search, if coin looks like silver i pull it out. If not just look at the date. I don't use a magnet, because the silver coins can be attracted too while being stuck in between the steel and nickel one's. At some point I will post the picture of full roll with silver coin sitting in the middle, so you guys can see how the hue of a coin is different.
Thats why I spread out the coins from the roll so they aren't piled on top of one another. Silver is not the least bit attracted to a magnet.

OP
OP
Canadian hunter

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

I always look at each coin, just to make sure I wont miss any silver one. Sometimes Ag coins are tarnished to an extent that can be recognized as an old Ni coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread