Solid Rolls #3, 4, 5 and nearly 6!

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, I took off from CRH over the weekend after last Friday's nice score. (72 keepers including my 2nd roll, all from about $150 in CWR)

Today I decided I would bring coffee and donuts to the tellers at the bank and thank them. I walk in hand over the goodies, have a bit of small talk (it doesn't hurt that this particular bank employs the best looking staff I've ever seen!) and I am about to walk out the door when one of the tellers from Friday comes out from the back office waving me down. She's got 6 more rolls of half dollars for me if I want them. IF??? Of course I want them! I peel off 60 dollars, thank them again, leave them my number so they can call me anytime they get halves or large dollars and I walk out the door.

I'm not even in the parking lot when I pull one of the rools out of my pocket. It's an OLD machine wrapped roll. 1966 on top, silver on the bottom. Popped it open and it was a full roll of beautiful 1966 halves in mint condition. It's solid roll #3 in my CRH career.

Next roll is all clad. Bah!

Next roll is a CWR. Pop open one end and see a beautiful lady, on the other end - a bell. This roll is 7 Walking Liberty, 5 Bens, all sandwiched around 8 1964 Kennedy! Solid Roll #4!

Next roll is another OLD machine wrapped jobbie...this time, hand written on the outside is "1966" - no reason to believe otherwise, I leave it wrapped. Solid roll #5.

Next roll is has 10 40% with the balance clad.

The sixth and final roll, a CWR, has a 1964 on one end, and a 1964 on the other end. I open it up and find....12 1964's surrounding the ugliness of 8 clad halves.

Total take for the day:

20 - 1964 Ken
7- Walking Liberty
5- Ben Franklin
40 - Mint condition 1966 Kennedy (20 of which is still rolled)
10 - 40% Kennedy's

82 Keepers in only $60! You gotta love days when you have more keepers than dumpers!

I love this hobby!

Upvote 0

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Great score there my friend, enjoy the moment! :thumbsup:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
You did exactly what I did today. On last Friday I got some goodies, so today revisited my bank and got some silver quarters. The key is to treat tellers well and always be nice to them. Anyway good job, a little more to the pile :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread