New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out in the cold today, high winds and a lot of crying. It's going to take a little bit getting acclimated to this cold, but I spent from 9:30 till 3:00 out in it today. I put some miles on the old legs today, explored another soybean field where I found a muzzle loader bullet and broke button. Found this really cool looking Great Seal pin in the same area that Oldjerseygirl found that three ringer the other day. That area has produced a wide range of history from these last two falls. Grapeshot, three ringer, silvers, wheats, and an Indian Head, now this Great Seal pin. I still have not been in the cow pasture, maybe tomorrow?

Enjoy the pix, I'll post the cleaned up pix later tonight
HH & GL
Brad

20141118_103811.jpg20141118_162151.jpg20141118_164244.jpg

Here are the cleaned up pix

20141118_220001.jpg

Just was reading KIDDO1979 's thread where he found ox balls, they were screwed on the ox horns. I thought it was neat and figured I'd add it to my thread

image-321864919.jpg20141119_060205.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11
Cool finds!

Nicely done.

All the best,

Lanny

Looks like a WW2 era Officers hat badge. Very nice find. Congrats.

Very cool find Brad! :occasion14:

I really like this pic! :thumbsup:

Dave

Attachments

• 20141118_103811-crop.jpg
    20141118_103811-crop.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 89
Thanks guys, it's home soaking in distilled water, it has colors on the shield.
Red, white and blue, I'm thinking!
And they don't run!

Thats a nice find Brad..Keep up the good work my son...lol
George

It's not so much what we found that gets us to work so hard, put up with so much. It's what we might find.

That's a great pin!

Very nice pin. Hope it cleans up nicely for you!

Thanks you three,I appreciate the nice comments. Dinner and a movie, I'll pull that out later tonight.

Just found out about this, found this at site I was at yesterday along with an ox shoe.

20141119_060205.jpgimage-321864919.jpg

Wonder why they are threaded inside?

To thread onto the horns for a tight fit, then a hole for a set screw. You should be on the Capt obvious commercials Dave, lol.

Sorry Brad. I forgot about those Threaded Horn Highland Bulls, lol.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416398215.867940.jpg
All GQ bovines wouldn't be caught in public without one.

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you~If you go detect the cow pasture today, those frozen cow patties are much easier to deal with. You can pick em up and throw em like a frisbee. Makes it easier to detect. A little " thought you might like to know " info!

I forgot to tell you~If you go detect the cow pasture today, those frozen cow patties are much easier to deal with. You can pick em up and throw em like a frisbee. Makes it easier to detect. A little " thought you might like to know " info!

Oldjerseygirl was saying after that rain I'd be knee deep in patties, lol!
I might hit Harbor Fright for a cheap cattle prod, lol.

I would have liked to had a cattle prod that day Vino stepped out of his truck, turned on his detector, swung it and said to me " This is a killer signal " then dug that nice old coin, lol!

Nice finds TH! The great seal pin is awesome. Good to see you getting out in the cold. GL&HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back