Great Snow Hunt Today, But Also A Terrible Find

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
riverbendhrveys2.jpg

Got up early today. Picked up my wife at the mechanics after dropping off her mini van so she could get the steering pump and a tie rod replaced on her FORD. Then....play time :headbang:. I went and had a nice filling breakfast and then headed to the hill. My weapon of trash reduction was my Garrett Snowpion Cold Stinger. I charged up the batteries last night and put a hot pac underneath the batteries on the outside of the control box, under the insulated camo cover.

riverbendhockey2.jpg

My first find was a double coiner....2 x dimes (1US/1 Can.) Not bad, then another couple of dollars worth of coins showed up in the next half hour.

But then it happened :( ..... just daydreaming, as I do most of the time anyways, I looked down, and there it was. A most ugly looking snow carpet which kids slide down hills with, and it had a large logo of the "CALGARY FLAMES." Now finding such a large logo on one of Edmonton's finest snow hills, a hockey team from Calgary, is comparable to swearing in church. Whoever left that carpet slide in Edmonton should go to jail for a duration at least until hockey season is over, with no "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" card. Edmonton is Oilers Hockey Team territory...plain and simple. Calgary Flames are just plain not welcome in Edmonton.

I left this hill disappointed with such a lousy find, headed to another snow hill, and was rewarded with just under 5 bucks. Another great day in the tundra! :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• riverbend totals (2).jpg
    riverbend totals (2).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 501
Upvote 0

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
SUPER AS USUAL. IF YOU LIVED IN A WARM AREA. YOU WOULD HUNT 365 DAY'S A YEAR. YOU SHOULD MOVE TO TEXAS. ;D ;D. HAVE A GOOD YEAR JOHN.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
allen said:
shouldve just left that darn ugly thing laying there for the kids to tear up...

I did leave it there...I didn't even want to touch it! :tongue1:

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
and I thought the weather had been cold and wet here...............compared to your weather...its summer here!!
Great pics! I hope it warms up for ya soon!!

hh
mike

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
hikermike said:
and I thought the weather had been cold and wet here...............compared to your weather...its summer here!!
Great pics! I hope it warms up for ya soon!!

hh
mike

Thanks Mike....it will soon enough... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread