Great Success!

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys, have been researching the Site where i found the other two Silver coins this week! And it was a success! Found two more "6 Kreuzer" Coins from the early 1800s. One is from the Großherzogentum Hessen and the other one from Würtemberg. Also found 20 Centimes from 1927, a 2 Pfennig Coin from 1874, a french Franc from 1922, a Pfennig from the Nazis and another large coin that is too worn off to ID it right now. Also found an Awesome Zippo Lighter, some lead seals and some other stuff. Am very happy about today and hope you had a similarly good day! bye GA

Attachments

• funde 317 kreuzer.jpg
    funde 317 kreuzer.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 206
  • funde 315 kreuzer.jpg
    funde 315 kreuzer.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 206
  • funde 252 feuerzeug.jpg
    funde 252 feuerzeug.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 200
  • funde 251 feuerzeug.jpg
    funde 251 feuerzeug.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 218
  • funde 249 ufo.jpg
    funde 249 ufo.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 198
  • funde 248 plomben deckel.jpg
    funde 248 plomben deckel.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 189
  • funde 244 kreuzer.jpg
    funde 244 kreuzer.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 212
  • funde 245 münzen.jpg
    funde 245 münzen.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 4
OP
OP
Gemini Alpha

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And this one came recently from the same site...1 Kreuzer - Freie Stadt Frankfurt

Attachments

• kreuzer frankfurt.jpg
    kreuzer frankfurt.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 150

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and finds! Looks like you are around the Frankfurt area, anywhere around there could produce Bronze Age, Celtic or Roman. That XP Deus is a great dream machine, my friend bought one and it does very well however, it is a little delicate and being all wireless he has to charge the coil, control housing and headphones, LOL. HH, Mike

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost a few zippos in Germany in the 80's. Let me know if you find them, Okay? LOL

HH

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there GA!! I got a question for you. How are the detecting laws over your way? My mother is from Germany and I have tons of family over there and we're comin over in may. I'm hopin to do sum huntin and wood like a lil' insight before we come. We'll be in Frankfurt first and from there I'm not really sure. I hav'nt been there for 24 years but what I remember it was BREATH TAKING. THANX in advance. Maybe we'll be able to hook up? CONGRATS.. HH

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great variety of finds! :thumbsup:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds ,silver is always nice so are your other coin finds . I know silver but have "no clue about the history or type of your coins"??? I also know zippo:laughing7:.[ I really need to do some research on World Coins] never the less keep up the good work:icon_thumright: Davers

OP
OP
Gemini Alpha

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and finds! Looks like you are around the Frankfurt area, anywhere around there could produce Bronze Age, Celtic or Roman. That XP Deus is a great dream machine, my friend bought one and it does very well however, it is a little delicate and being all wireless he has to charge the coil, control housing and headphones, LOL. HH, Mike

Hi Mike, thanks for your kind words. Im about one hour drive away from Frankfurt am Main. Back then, people seem to have used silver coins from diffrent regions so you can find all kind of coins here. I am pretty close to the french border and half my family lives there. The Area im at is a hotspot for roman and celtic finds. Just found my first roman silver denar one or two weeks ago. The XP Deus is really a great Detector and im happy i got it. But it really wants to be treated VERY well. One month after i got it, it started making weird noises and it turned out that the coil had a construction error. Was extremely frustrating to lose a coil this expensive after such a short amount of time. You know, the price is 350 Euros just for the coil. I really treat it like a raw egg and its gotten to the point where it takes away some of the fun of detecting. Think i will not pay so much money for a detector again. Next time, i get me something from XP in the 350-500 Euro Sector because the Coils in that pricerange arent so expensive. bye GA

OP
OP
Gemini Alpha

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds there GA!! I got a question for you. How are the detecting laws over your way? My mother is from Germany and I have tons of family over there and we're comin over in may. I'm hopin to do sum huntin and wood like a lil' insight before we come. We'll be in Frankfurt first and from there I'm not really sure. I hav'nt been there for 24 years but what I remember it was BREATH TAKING. THANX in advance. Maybe we'll be able to hook up? CONGRATS.. HH

Hi Fishstick, detecting Laws are really very very bad in most States. In many of them, all found Treasure belongs to the State and has to be handed out to it. Sometimes you get the stuff back but most of the time, they´ll keep it. Problem is that there are many people who dont report their finds anymore and archeologically, this a great loss. Somehow they dont understand that this could be prevented if people could keep the stuff they find, you know. Im sure this would increase the reports for at least 50-70 Percent.

Detecting by itself is legal in germany but there are certain laws that apply here too. We have protected Areas that are of Archeologic Importance and Searching there will be proscecuted very harshly. Worst case scenario, you will lose your detector and have to pay very large fines. Besides you are not allowed to search anywhere around old castles. They are protected under the Bundesdenkmalschutzgesetz. If you plan on searching here, you might ask the locals about Bodendenkmäler Its the name for the protected places. However, they arent so many of them and its rather rare that you get problems because of that. Then theres areas that are protected because of the nature. Called Naturschutzgebiet. Means that you might get fines when digging holes and ****. But its rather rare that you get problems in that regard. Wouldnt piss of the local Förster though. They are the guys who take care of the Forrest.

Then you actually have to ask the landowner for permission to hunt on its ground. But practically, i am sure that about 60-70 percent of the Detectorists dont ask for permission. I do because i plan on searching for the rest of my life so i need to have a good relationship with them.

Please let me know when you are around. Maybe we can get a few good hunts going! Im a hardcore detectorist and i search a lot! bye GA

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GA...hello. I was just curious about finds being turned into the state. Does that apply to finds found on private property? Or just certain ones?

OP
OP
Gemini Alpha

Gemini Alpha

Nov 19, 2012
Europe
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GA...hello. I was just curious about finds being turned into the state. Does that apply to finds found on private property? Or just certain ones?

Hi Thrilla, unfortunately it applies to finds that were found on private property as well. Its actually a big joke because in most cases, Archeologists wouldnt care about the things you find and give them back to the Finder. However, its not the rule you get your stuff back. Besides, it can turn out to your Disadvantage. You know, these days you dont even get a small reward for the finder anymore. Im sure i dont need to say that in the states that have these laws, the number of turnt in finds kinda dropped tremendeously. ;) Im not saying that this is a good thing but thats what you get if make laws that lack common sense. At the moment, the relationship between Archeologists and Detectorists is extremely tense. Archeologists dont have the manpower to perform the searches that would be necessary to save important artefacts but are not willing to accept help from detectorists either. I know many Detectorists who would be happy to help but have to fear being punished for their hobby. bye GA

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fishstick, detecting Laws are really very very bad in most States. In many of them, all found Treasure belongs to the State and has to be handed out to it. Sometimes you get the stuff back but most of the time, they´ll keep it. Problem is that there are many people who dont report their finds anymore and archeologically, this a great loss. Somehow they dont understand that this could be prevented if people could keep the stuff they find, you know. Im sure this would increase the reports for at least 50-70 Percent.

Detecting by itself is legal in germany but there are certain laws that apply here too. We have protected Areas that are of Archeologic Importance and Searching there will be proscecuted very harshly. Worst case scenario, you will lose your detector and have to pay very large fines. Besides you are not allowed to search anywhere around old castles. They are protected under the Bundesdenkmalschutzgesetz. If you plan on searching here, you might ask the locals about Bodendenkmäler Its the name for the protected places. However, they arent so many of them and its rather rare that you get problems because of that. Then theres areas that are protected because of the nature. Called Naturschutzgebiet. Means that you might get fines when digging holes and ****. But its rather rare that you get problems in that regard. Wouldnt piss of the local Förster though. They are the guys who take care of the Forrest.

Then you actually have to ask the landowner for permission to hunt on its ground. But practically, i am sure that about 60-70 percent of the Detectorists dont ask for permission. I do because i plan on searching for the rest of my life so i need to have a good relationship with them.

Please let me know when you are around. Maybe we can get a few good hunts going! Im a hardcore detectorist and i search a lot! bye GA

Great info GA!! Sad about the laws that are made by people that have no clue about our hobby. Hope we can hook up and wishin you all the best. THANX again.. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread