Great teqhnique for getting all of the Banks customer wrapped rolls

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great teqhnique for getting all of the Bank's customer wrapped rolls

Bring some machine wrapped rolls with you to exchange for customer wrapped rolls, and explain why you are doing so. Has anybody ever tried this? I am sure a bank would have no issue doing this, and might even invite the idea, as many tellers have mentioned customer wrapped coins being a pain in the ass. They hate customer wrapped rolls for the most part in that they may be shorted or contain foreign coins, and often need to be sent out. MWRs can be easily reused by the bank, no problem.

Upvote 0

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just buy CWRs with cash. My banks save them and I pickup twice a week. Take care of the vault managers and they'll lookout for you. Just my two cents...

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
normally not worth the trouble if they are a normal pick up bank. However, if you absolutely must have the rest of the CWR (like when you find a hoard), then take the old ones back with your marks on the wrapper and swap them. I've done that before and have found other parts of coin collections turned in

HH
-GC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brinks dimes are shrink wrapped, you can easily hunt without opening the roll.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How could you bring yourself to give away an unopened roll of coin? The MWR that you are swapping could be loaded with keepers.

search it first? :dontknow:

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumbest.post.ever.

Jking but if you've got a great technique.. maybe you can try it first before posting it. Explainign what they are for is going to get tellers checking them themselves. What might be good is instead with CWRs you tell the tellers you want CWrs because they're "Easily closed when you need to take only a few coins out at a time for <tolls/the wash/sodas>". I'd probably buy that story even if you came in weekly.

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't feel bad little buddy, I was just kidding. i think alot of us looked at that title and we hoping for something ground breaking (see the House Hunting post). I think that you put in some great effort but really we all need some better way to ask and justify CWRs. No matter how many times I ask and try to explain I feel like a freshman fumbling with bra hooks. You can't just say "i want $200 in dimes" its always a game of whats there in what like a game of goldfish. I typically just say "give me a mix" but never seem to have what i want when I leave.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great way to get rid of solid 2012 rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread