Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why would the government care about TNet and what is posted here?

MONEY and accountability.... I'm more than convinced this site is monitored.... All of us adventurers come together here. That's why a LOT of folks here stress NOT posting a large horde or very valuable finds here. Headaches will soon follow. Some folks just make a "reference" to a probable find but post no photos, video or details... There's a reason. This probably is less than 1% of us but it happens.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I never have that "logged out" problem. I have checked the box that says "Stay logged in" and I just go to the bookmark. If I haven't been to the site in a long time, say several weeks, then I have to log in again. No pop up ad problems either.
I never had that logged out problem either ... But then i never log out i can't remember the last time i logged out ..

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There was definitely something that attacked this site for a day or two. Big ads about almost anything, often going over TNet content & noticed for awhile I could not even access TNet. If this was someone who attacked my computer, TNet was the only site on which I got the odd ads.

I may be wrong, but this may have happened after a thread about if people turn in their more valuable finds like gold jewelry, so the ads (maybe fake ads) may have been put there by govt, so we'd think commercial pests, rather than govt investigation, with the hope there would be more self-incrimination. Now I think nobody has added to that thread for a couple days & those ads seem to be gone. Coincidence? You decide, but I vote no. Best wishes all, George (MN)

No, something has exploited your browser. Internet Explorer? The exploit embeds ads into websites you visit. Some of those ads are based on your search history, but they look like part of the website.

My advice, buy a mac and ditch windows, or run a good virus scanner constantly. Advertisers make millions of dollars per month tricking you into installing advertising trojans into your (windows based) browser.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have yet to see an ad or anything mentioned...I get on here everyday...

Me to, I must live a boring life. On the other hand, Facebook sucks. My kids want me on there, and it's one way to keep up with what they are doing, but go to Ebay, look at something
and the next time on Facebook there is that bloody item right in your face. I hate it. The answer is I don't look around much on ebay, and seldom go to facebook.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google Chrome and Safari user have AdBlock and Firefox users have AdBlock Plus. These are extension/plugins they can (and should) use to stop 99% of the ads on the internet. They are painless installs...free...well reviewed...and make the internet 100X better (and faster). It makes ad heavy websites load in half the time and actually usable.

As far as not staying logged in....accept cookies in your browser settings and as others have said...make sure to check the "stay logged in" box when logging in.

Many websites use aggressive ads and in the internet of 2015...it is pretty simple stuff dealing with them. Perhaps some of our members have a grandmother they can ask for some tech support advice? :laughing7::occasion14:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Google Chrome and Safari user have AdBlock and Firefox users have AdBlock Plus. These are extension/plugins they can (and should) use to stop 99% of the ads on the internet. They are painless installs...free...well reviewed...and make the internet 100X better (and faster). It makes ad heavy websites load in half the time and actually usable.

As far as not staying logged in....accept cookies in your browser settings and as others have said...make sure to check the "stay logged in" box when logging in.

Many websites use aggressive ads and in the internet of 2015...it is pretty simple stuff dealing with them. Perhaps some of our members have a grandmother they can ask for some tech support advice? :laughing7::occasion14:

Googles Adblock and Adblocker Plus are awesome! Just takes a minute or less to install. Great advice GT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread