greedy noobie idiots

rhino71

Mar 22, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Whites DFX Garrett GTAX 550
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. Been on this forum and others for years. Never really posted anything. Always admiring peoples finds and absorbing all the info I can get. I decided to go detecting at one of my favorite spots the other day. When I got there I pulled out the trusty Explorer XS and geared up for some relaxing metal detecting. I ground balanced my machine and adjusted a few other settings then, I looked up. The place looked like a minefield!! Obvious digs everywhere with no regard for filling the holes in. I walked about 5 feet and here comes somebody shouting: Hey! We dont want you doing that here!! :angry4: Thanks a lot, greedy noobs. Guess I should be "thanking" Rick Savage. unbelievable!

Upvote 0

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
spartacus53 said:
Hey, if a 9 volt battery attached to a discarded soup can :

Any particular soup can I need to have? Cuz that's way cheaper than 649.00 for the MD ID "like"to have

downrigger47

Greenie
Apr 1, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
ACE250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Craig, don't worry about being called a "newbie", or the type of equipment you use. I'm a newb on here and I've been detecting since I was a kid. I got my first detector in '73, a Relco (the old timers should get a chuckle out of that). We are not worried about the new guys that are on here. Were worried about the ones who see that show (or not) that go out buy a detector and head out to the National Park/battlefield or trespass on private property. Were concerned about the ones that don't fill their holes, act like asses and are not concerned about anything but the monetary value of what they find. You certainly don't have to be a newbie to do these things, but there is a higher probability that the beginner who doesn't have the proper knowledge or guidance will. The fact that you are on this site gaining knowledge sets you apart from those people.

hey I'm with you I looked at detectors for a year
Before I bought one and ya know what? It only cost me 217.00. Yeah not the most expensive but that doesn't make me a bad person I have
Enjoyed 1 year MD ing and a lot of it is common sense, closing your holes and cleaning up.
I researched this hobby and this sight for a year
Before going ahead with it. As far as getting rich
Thing you oldies talk about that all the newbies think we r gonna be, we'll that doesn't exist...
I happen to enjoy sharing an experience with my youngest daughter but we haven't found a hoard yet.And we won't, what we will find is some fun and enjoying each others company, call me a newbie but don't call me an irresponsible one..

trikeman72

Feb 12, 2013
I hope you all don't tag every new detectorist with the idiot theory, cause I'm what I'd call a new guy and I have learned almost all I know about MDing from all of you here. I understand exactly what your saying and wish I had an answer for you. All I can say is I believe it's not just the new MDers to the hobby its people in general today. Morale fiber of society is basicly ripped to shreds and everyone out for themselve these days and could give a crap about anyone if they think they can make a buck.

Same here. New learning what I can from here. Never heard of this show everyone is talking about but it don't seem like I missed anything important. I "got into" md-ing actually because me n a friend decided to buy a lode claim and see what we find and I learned the need for a detector is critical so I got a cheap one then found out also thru here that I need to step up the detector if it's going to help at the claim. Luck was awesome for me. I got my pans and screens etc from a guy in ca and we became buds Turned out he had a scorpion I picked up at a good buy so now I'm waitin on mother nature so I can md in my yard n try to learn how to use it. Also picking up all I can to get prepared to Rick crush and sluice n spiral pan and MD lots a stuff to learn but it's awesome to have a site where everyone is so helpful
Hope that whoever did this bs reality show doesn't wind up labeling all newbie mders in the group he is in.
I've always had respect for the land I was on wether it was fixing a fence I found down while hunting or working on trails for wheeling clubs to tread lightly. But then again I was brought up in a much different generation of people when kids were raised with morals and respected things like elders mother nature and such. I like to call it the arse whooping generation lol but it worked
Anyhow. Make sure to find out if someone deserves the label before sticking them with it is all I was gettin at I suppose :)
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread