Green Horn here

foundationfinds

Greenie
Dec 4, 2023
Detector(s) used
equinox 900
Hi everyone. Luckily, I'm not the only bad shot. A buddy of mine lost a few arrows too.
Having wanted a metal detector for years, with arrow and broadhead prices on the rise I figured it's a good year to pick one up. In my defense... she was alerted and jumped the string. My buddy on the other hand? Luckily he was just missing targets in my yard. b/c yikes!
I'm a diver too, so I'll get some experience on land. In a year or so pick up an underwater unit.
If anyone wants to mentor a newbie in the Dutchess County or Finger Lakes regions of New York for a day let me know. I'll be getting some permission to some properties soon.
Good luck all,
Matt

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...If anyone wants to mentor a newbie in the Dutchess County or Finger Lakes regions of New York...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at FORUM: NEW YORK for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used my detector to look for lost arrows but never found any. Lost 3 in pasture grass and I figured aluminum arrow would be easy. Nope!
Welcome from IL

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from AZ! I moved my sailboat from Milwaukee to the Cheasapeake in '91. Motored the Erie Canal (no masts allowed!) from Oswego to Albany. Upstate NY is Beautiful! Welcome to the biggest and BEST treasure forum in the world! You will find your niche here! ╦╦ç

OP
OP
F

foundationfinds

Greenie
Dec 4, 2023
Detector(s) used
equinox 900
Hello from AZ! I moved my sailboat from Milwaukee to the Cheasapeake in '91. Motored the Erie Canal (no masts allowed!) from Oswego to Albany. Upstate NY is Beautiful! Welcome to the biggest and BEST treasure forum in the world! You will find your niche here! ╦╦ç
Thank you

OP
OP
F

foundationfinds

Greenie
Dec 4, 2023
Detector(s) used
equinox 900
Hello from downstate ny
I used my detector to look for lost arrows but never found any. Lost 3 in pasture grass and I figured aluminum arrow would be easy. Nope!
Welcome from IL
Haven't been out to look yet. I have a real good idea where my own ended up and I run the fixed blade annihilators so I think mine will be a quick recovery. Likely tomorrow. I'll let you know

OP
OP
F

foundationfinds

Greenie
Dec 4, 2023
Detector(s) used
equinox 900
A diver huh? That's something I'd like to learn.
Hands down the most relaxing thing I've ever done. I'd recommend everyone try it. If you're at all uneasy in the water I'd seek Scuba Schools Int'l(SSI) for certification. Did my open water cert' through them and some additional cert's through PADI. I hope you get to try it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions