Greetings from Biloxi Mississippi

Jotto

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to everyone. My name is James, but most just call me Jim. I have wanted to try metal detecting and firgured today was as good as any other day.

I have purchased a Fisher F70. I am wanting to spend quality time with my son, just me and him and a new hobby. I do have a question concerning the coils, do you find that the concentric or DD better? Or do each have a situation they are suited for?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreicated.

thanks, Jim

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Jim,
Can't answer your question, but I spent a year in your area back in 1968. I was stationed at Keesler. Welcome to TreasureNet
Jim

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jim/jotto, welcome! I too can't answer your questions, there is a tech section may have some info for you. Also learn to use the search and advanced search functions, type in the coil info, see if someone else may have run a thread about that.

I worked out of Florida for more than a decade with Biloxi Regionals' business office there. Very fond memories.
Good luck to you and your son in your hunts! See ya round the t-net. :cat:

OP
OP
J

Jotto

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jim,
Can't answer your question, but I spent a year in your area back in 1968. I was stationed at Keesler. Welcome to TreasureNet
Jim

I was stationed at Mt Home for almost 4 years, then transferred to the coast. I do miss the fishing.

Thank you all for the warm welcome to your site.

Jim

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Jim, welcome to Treasure Net from Columbus, Ms. I was stationed on Keesler 81-90. My son in law is stationed there now. They live in West Falcon park just off Pass Road.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the Forum Jim!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was stationed at Mt Home for almost 4 years, then transferred to the coast. I do miss the fishing.

Thank you all for the warm welcome to your site.

Jim
LOL...small world isn't it? If you ever get back this way, let me know.
Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread