Greetings from Melbourne, Australia!

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all!

Finding this site has felt like I located a treasure cache. Honestly, the amount of in-depth and informative knowledge here are impressive to say the least.

I have always been a fan of pirates, treasure, gold, history and archaeology. This site is a perfect outlet for all of these things.

After reading through old topics I have located at least 3 different adventures I can undertake in my local area. One of them is literally down the street! Incredible.

I plan on getting much more involved in gold detecting in the near future. I have always wanted to search for shipwrecked treasure and hope to learn more about here… Maybe even plan a holiday to meet up with some of you and assist with an expedition in the future?

My greatest goal would be to travel to South America and survey/study/detect/dig ancient Mayan and Aztec locations. These fascinate me above all else and I hope to learn much more on this subject and maybe one day I can meet some of you too!

Thanks for all you guys do, keep it up.

Wilkes.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Wilkes

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I lived in australia I would be looking for gold nuggets right there at home. also welcome to tnet.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Wilkes and welcome to TNet,

Quick question for you. Do alot of people in Australia visit the Diamond Mines in the North, Northwest of your country? It seems not many people live there.

Thanks,

MinerGirl

OP
OP
wilkes

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I lived in australia I would be looking for gold nuggets right there at home. also welcome to tnet.
True, but you would probably also wish to try an adventure somewhere far away. Or is it just me that has that weird adventurous desire? I have been detecting and will continue with increased ferver in the future. I live near the golden triangle, being one of the highest gold bearing areas in the world.

Hello Wilkes and welcome to TNet,

Quick question for you. Do alot of people in Australia visit the Diamond Mines in the North, Northwest of your country? It seems not many people live there.

Thanks,

MinerGirl
Not that I know of. I am personally more interested in gold and so I dont know too much about them. I do know that a few towns are famous for various gems such as star sapphires and opals etc. Many people do stints working those areas for personal benefit.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply...I heard a few months ago they found a huge Pink Diamond...worth more than $7 million up in the Northwest "newer" Mine. It was all over the news here. I heard the Mine gives tours but no "souvenirs "...(gifts)...:)

Good Luck on the Gold Hunt...I watched a few Youtube videos of some Australians picking up nuggets right on the top of the ground...in dry desert type areas. (not river hunting) They were quite big nuggets! Looked fun!

MinerGirl

OP
OP
wilkes

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries :)

Yes, the north west is famous for almost any mineral. We have gold and some of the best diamond mines in the world. (Argyle.) The north-west is a very interesting place...

If any of you are interested in very hard work for extremely good pay, go up northwest Aus... $120,000 base salary. If you have ANY skills double it. I'm not kidding either, almost all my friends have done it for at least a period of time.

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries :)

Yes, the north west is famous for almost any mineral. We have gold and some of the best diamond mines in the world. (Argyle.) The north-west is a very interesting place...

If any of you are interested in very hard work for extremely good pay, go up northwest Aus... $120,000 base salary. If you have ANY skills double it. I'm not kidding either, almost all my friends have done it for at least a period of time.

Wilkes, Sounds exciting! Pick me up at the Airport...:)..just kidding. Maybe you could be a Tour Guide for a group of us "fellow TNet'ers"...we could pay you in "Found" Gold and "Diamonds"...as in "1 for me, 2 for you"...Too bad it cost so much to get there...

MinerGirl

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
wilkes

4342564 (2).jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey wilkes, I am trying to head over toward Sydney, Bendigo, Talbot, and those areas within the next 2 or 3 months.
Maybe minergirl would want to come along! I am looking very forward to visiting Oz for the first time, may do a 6 month to year stint over there.
I've been trying to get together info on lodging, camping, apartments, etc around in the area. Sydney is very high priced, I don't think I can afford to stay there for too long, unless I find a lot of gold! LOL!
Any advice you may have is appreciated. Please tell me you rent cheap campers with electric hook-ups, shower, and toilet! LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread