Hello from Colorado/Afghanistan

Diamndzngunz

Jun 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Guys! What an awesome site to come across for Medal Detecting. I was trying to find information on how fake the show American Digger was and it lead me to this site.

Little about me. Name is Jason I'm 28 from The Bay Area California, Currently stationed at Fort Carson, CO and currently in Afghanistan fighting what I think is a pointless war, but whatever I had to come here. I'm and Infantryman.
I don't know what lead me to like Medal Detecting. But before joining the Army I was big on watching videos of peoples finds and trying to find out which is the best medal detector. I have never really been medal detecting. Messed around with a friends dads when I was younger, but that's about it. Now the only Medal detecting I do is with military medal detectors looking for IED's (It's not fun) But I'm learning how they work and hopefully when I buy my first medal detector when I get back to the States I would have some knowledge of them and how they work.

I do have a quick question. I know I can use the search but this internet is really slow and just loading this page took forever.

But what is your guys opinion on White Medal Detectors? Specifically the Spectra V3i? I plan on going big on a buy and honestly want he best medal detector. One that is both great on land and good in shallow water. Any ideas? Thanks guys

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Jason! I agree with pointless,be safe and be AWARE. Got over 1000 hours on my M-6,suits me just Fine!!! God Bless Chris

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Jason

welcome53 (3).jpg
military thankyou.jpg

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Summit County, Colorado, Jason. Did you willingly enlist or were you drafted? hahaha!! tricky question don't step into it. That's why I ignore all the politics and just keep the regular soldier in mind. I use White's metal detectors and am pretty satisfied. I have seen some great results from other brands. I would steer away from the 'Shurfine', 'Better Value' and 'detector Joe Bob done built with some coat hangars and a batt-ry' brands. Get back to Colorado, check out the metal detector store over in Golden. Great place, good service. Stay online, check out Woodland Detectors. Good luck, get home safe, and keep an eye out for them other boys and make sure they get home safe too.

OP
OP
D

Diamndzngunz

Jun 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Summit County, Colorado, Jason. Did you willingly enlist or were you drafted? hahaha!! tricky question don't step into it. That's why I ignore all the politics and just keep the regular soldier in mind. I use White's metal detectors and am pretty satisfied. I have seen some great results from other brands. I would steer away from the 'Shurfine', 'Better Value' and 'detector Joe Bob done built with some coat hangars and a batt-ry' brands. Get back to Colorado, check out the metal detector store over in Golden. Great place, good service. Stay online, check out Woodland Detectors. Good luck, get home safe, and keep an eye out for them other boys and make sure they get home safe too.

Ill check them out. As of Right now I'm leaning towards a V3i or MTX Pro. I have another 5 months to decide on which one. Ill also check out that shop in Golden when I get back.

As for me joining.. I signed up. Wanted the training and to go back to school.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread