GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP Fluid Bed Sluices

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys...... It didn't go good today on setting up the GGT. No fault except my own....spent at least 45 min, no gloves, frost on everything, rocks on bank froze and covered in frost, hands got real cold (all day for that matter...lol). I had it setup but flow just wasn't enough so tried the dam approach and hands just got too cold. Went back to my old ways to salvage the day and had about the usual....30-40 specs/colors snuffered up, 10 or so fair flakes, and 2 chunkies..... I'm done. Where I was digging, it's not like a guy can shovel to his hearts content, lots of rock pick work, boulder moving, etc. so GGT or not....I think it'd be a slower process anyways? Another thing too....the sluice stand will be a big help once I get it FIRMLY attached to the GGT....now it has tendency to come apart when I get to trying to move things around for setup. I'll get it figured next season on THIS claim (if I'm invited back?) and it'll help in certain situations I'm sure!!!

I've gotten a taste of what it can do on crappy creek and I was very impressed so in time this rookie will get it figured......

Here's a couple chunkies I got last week

PA230003.JPG

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My backyard creek was too low all summer even to use my AM, but recent rains brought it up and it was so nice to just shovel right in to the GGT! Alas, a few sunny dry days and the creek dropped to where I had to use the AM again. Boy it was hard to classify and really slow down feeding the sluice. I'm all in on the GGT. I've struggled a couple times in bigger creeks to get the flow just right, but it still processes more dirt imo. I just bought a sluice stand from SRP and hopefully that will help in deeper water. I have also seen gold on the deck or in the pregrizzly riffles and I love the ability to see pretty quickly that I've got some gold. By the way oneguy, I'd love to get a couple of those in my sluice!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My backyard creek was too low all summer even to use my AM, but recent rains brought it up and it was so nice to just shovel right in to the GGT! Alas, a few sunny dry days and the creek dropped to where I had to use the AM again. Boy it was hard to classify and really slow down feeding the sluice. I'm all in on the GGT. I've struggled a couple times in bigger creeks to get the flow just right, but it still processes more dirt imo. I just bought a sluice stand from SRP and hopefully that will help in deeper water. I have also seen gold on the deck or in the pregrizzly riffles and I love the ability to see pretty quickly that I've got some gold. By the way oneguy, I'd love to get a couple of those in my sluice!

G4M...... The stand from SRP is the same one I got. I bought the one setup for bungies. With some simple mods I can adapt it for the GGT the RIGHT way instead of my jury rigged haywire affair....lol There's definitely gold on this claim....only problem is I'm the weak link....don't think I can buy my way outta that with fancy gear (lmao)..!!!! I'll get that GGT puppy working.... I'm old, tired, wore out and a rookie that can't move much dirt.....with that said tho, I'm having a blast digging and learning as I go. BIG thanks also to everyone for the help and info on this forum...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I ended up the season at my local "Crappy Creek" playing with the GGT for the last 2 days. Day 1 moved a TON of dirt for 2.5 hrs....nadda, zippo, nothing. That's why I call it Crappy Creek!!! Today I did a test pan where I dug the ton of dirt as yesterdays cleanout had only about a teaspoon full of black sand....I'd thought maybe I was blowing out thru the GGT? Well test pan also had no blacks so I moved and set up on other side of creek. Ended up with 2 specs after about 1.5 hrs shoveling......about par for Crappy Creek....lol Here's my current setup and a shot of Crappy Creek.....

PA280004.JPG

PA290004.JPG

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I ended up the season at my local "Crappy Creek" playing with the GGT for the last 2 days. Day 1 moved a TON of dirt for 2.5 hrs....nadda, zippo, nothing. That's why I call it Crappy Creek!!! Today I did a test pan where I dug the ton of dirt as yesterdays cleanout had only about a teaspoon full of black sand....I'd thought maybe I was blowing out thru the GGT? Well test pan also had no blacks so I moved and set up on other side of creek. Ended up with 2 specs after about 1.5 hrs shoveling......about par for Crappy Creek....lol Here's my current setup and a shot of Crappy Creek.....

View attachment 1511172

View attachment 1511173
Looks like you have it set good, looks like good flow and depth. Beautiful looking area, too bad about the lack of gold.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ordered my Mother Load and had it in my hands 13 days later. I am very happy with that. Dennis responded to emails quickly. The shipping package was well done and the construction of this unit is great. I noticed it has double walled construction on the vertical sides and a center support in the back that looks like it will give the widest part support. I was hoping for something wider than the Bazooka 36" sniper yet not as wide as the 36" prospector. I wanted to have something that would barely fit in a pack and be wide enough to just throw shovelfuls of dirt into it. This is just what I was hoping for. Thanks Dennis for taking fluid bed sluices to the next level. This is a well built sluice. I have a 24" Bazooka Sniper and this is a welcome addition to my arsenal!

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to hear the delivery and communication issues have been corrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1509846919.372337.jpg
Short run in Denver with my GGT Explorer. Thrilled to see all the -100 mesh caught. A definite improvement over the old Bazooka.

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Compadre, Gold Racer, White's TRX,Bazooka GT 24",God Hog mats,Grizzly Gold Trap Motherload, Harbor freight 9 function, Cintech pinpointer, Determination
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kevin, that sure did get some tiny gold. I just did some prospecting with a Bazooka sniper and a sluice with Talon and Motherload mats using the same dig site. The Bazooka got almost as much but the sluice did a tiny bit more fines. My recent observation gives me the sense that your finds are deffinatly doing better than my sniper on the fines. I can't wait to get my new Motherload out! Looks like the GGT is getting the job done! By the way, I think you got so busy getting gold you may have overlooked adding your GGT Explorer to your list of gold prospecting equipment! Great photo, Thanks!

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, looks like I'm gonna need one for the Alaska trip!

If the river is producing 5 oz per hour panning, a shovel ready bed should have the trip paid for in a day! And no luggin car batteries through the bush either!

Tahoegold

Mar 7, 2016
Carson City, NV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Capt,
The GGT Motherload I just got really gets all the gold and can move a ton of dirt. This was from a spot with just fine flood gold I did to test it. I got the same results panning so I could have some comparison. Would love to see YOUR results. I bet it's gonna be much better with that kind of oppertunity! 1111171700.jpg

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, looks like I'm gonna need one for the Alaska trip!

If the river is producing 5 oz per hour panning, a shovel ready bed should have the trip paid for in a day! And no luggin car batteries through the bush either!

You mean you didn't want to carry a 40lb battery in one hand and your 20-40lbs of cons in the other with ~50lb on your back after diggin all day? :laughing7:

Non-Motorized isn't always all bad.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have one question, can the units be used to for superconcentrating the cons they make?

I seem to have a lot of loss problems when doing that with the active beds I've built. With lighter material in the mix they capture well, but when it's all heavy black sand, that's when the loss problems seem to arise. You'd think that if it caught once it'd catch again, but that doesn't seem to be the case with all fluid beds.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most fluid beds need some larger gravel to create the initial fluid bed. So using them as a reconcentrator will rarely work unless you build a bed specifically for this purpose ( hint hint).

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's probably why the Bucket Buddy fails so bad. However it might work with the larger gold in that Alaskan stream as the smallest from the picture I saw looked to be about #16 in size and chunky, not flat like beach sand. Anyway, if that stream is producing as I was told, I'll have to clean out probably every half hour which will leave me with a ton of cons to haul and process at the end of the day. So anything that could cut down those cons is needed.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's probably why the Bucket Buddy fails so bad. However it might work with the larger gold in that Alaskan stream as the smallest from the picture I saw looked to be about #16 in size and chunky, not flat like beach sand. Anyway, if that stream is producing as I was told, I'll have to clean out probably every half hour which will leave me with a ton of cons to haul and process at the end of the day. So anything that could cut down those cons is needed.

Check the ez gold pan out. (AKA easy pan) Works great for super concentrating my drywasher concentrates. Here is some discussion on our forum. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/panning-gold/453068-ez-gold-pan.html

Last edited:

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey arizau, and anyone else who knows, can the E-Z Pan still be bought. John Doe showed me his the other day and it really looks interesting.

Thanks,
Mike

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey arizau, and anyone else who knows, can the E-Z Pan still be bought. John Doe showed me his the other day and it really looks interesting.

Thanks,
Mike

Yeah, he is the reason I got mine. Google carolinaprospectors.net and go the gold pan section. The E-Z pan is at the top of that page. It currently says there are 11 in stock. After a quick google search, that is the only site that I could find that stocks them.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks,
Mike

Pretty sure I can get one Mike I'll let you know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions