Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a pair of those harbor freight blue gloves, they got all gooey and started to fall apart after a couple uses lol. I have a pair of gloves intended for handling fertilizer that have been working well. green rubber with fuzzy inside.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't use gloves but for cold water I would probably opt for some divers neoprene ones for warmth and wear a cheap rubber glove over it to protect my investment.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like using wool under chem handling gloves... best combo of warmth / flexibility for me.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received my GGT (motherlode) yesterday!!!!! Got here fast once it shipped, packed VERY well, and appears to be well made....Thanx Dennis and good luck!

Not sure if/when I'll be able to test out, at least on the claim with good gold (no sluicing allowed).....most likely on crappy creek near house with crappy gold.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Capt has a good point. And he's a Capt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It buys the right to be a supporting vendor, to advertise and sell from your website and be treated with respect. We do not allow bashing of supporting vendors just to bash. Legitimate complaints are allowed.

I see...was there a specific post that falls under the "just to bash" criteria? As far as I can tell, any complaints were about delivery times that exceeded what the customer was told and/or lack of communication from the vendor when trying to get information on why the product wasn't received within the delivery window provided by the vendor. Those seem to be legitimate complaints - I certainly couldn't fault these folks for seeking answers here when their emails are not being returned. Thanks for the clarification.

Just to be clear, I understand that things happen in the process of starting a new business. I've been in business development for nearly 15 years. However, in most cases it is advisable to build that expectation into what you promise the customer (e.g. giving a delivery date when you're still ironing out the kinks of the manufacturing process.) Or in some cases delay a formal launch altogether until most of the kinks are worked out and you can consistently deliver the product as advertised and have the resources to provide quality customer service.. At the very least, if you want to be taken seriously, you should treat it like a full time job and communicate with the customer when issues arise...in my experience, there is nothing more frustrating than silence. Most people are very understanding as long as they are not being kept in the dark. Just my unsolicited two cents, as always.

Best of luck to the folks at GGT! I know there are many of us who are very grateful that someone picked up and ran with the fluid bed ball after the BGT debacle. Looks like a great product and I'm planning to order one myself once things are sailing along a bit more smoothly.

C & W Minerals

Greenie
Aug 22, 2017
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer, Le Trap
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ordered my Grizzly Gold Trap Explorer on Sunday. I’ll be picking it up on Wednesday. Dennis has been a pleasure to work with, quick communication and willingness to let me pick it up considering they are just down the road from my construction site. Hope to get it in the water over the next week or two.

Actionman

Dec 21, 2013
Central Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Excalbur 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ordered my GGT on the 7th after 5:00 PM. I received it today, just ten days later! Looks well made, can't wait to try it out. Spent last weekend feeding a sluice, wishing I didn't have to classify. Dreams do come true!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had the GGT Motherlode for awhile now and haven't really messed with it but 3 times now. First two times trying to set it up all I did was cuss and quickly went back to my old ways. The whole setup process reminded me of trying to set up a sail in a wind storm! Cooled off after a few days to try something different so I took a sluice stand and jury rigged it onto the stand with bolts and wires (temporary) to keep box on the stand. Also packed along a 20" piece of railroad track to weight the whole thing down. Took the getup/setup up to "crappy creek" today for a couple hrs to see if I could get the box to work for me BEFORE I lose it and throw it in the river!!!! Well the jury rigged system worked but will need some fine tuning. That thing moves an INSANE amount of dirt and this old boy was impressed! I knew it would work if I could just calm down and spend some time warming up to it? Now I was looking forward to the cleanout......but remember, I'm at my local "crappy creek" and there's a reason I call it crappy creek. this is where I go when I want to try something new or just kill time without driving all the way up to claim. Cleanout very disappointing with very little black sand (gold is a big bonus on crappy creek...got 1 tiny pinpoint sized spec.....lol)? I bought this big box for the bigger trap hoping I could maybe shovel all day and do one cleanout at the end? The trap filled fast up to about 1/2" below exit hole. I kept shoveling for another hr and trap still held at 1/2" below exit level so I figured it was doing it's thing? I know I could have used just a bit more flow but I think I had it real close to working proper????? I'll be heading up to claim with gold tomorrow, I'll take the GGT up and "might" try it but what usually happens is my time is so limited with travel and just being old, tired, and wore out that dig time is precious so I don't like losing time messing with unknowns like setting up with a lot of usual cussing....lol I'm also not a fan of building dams, etc. which it appears this baby needs in a lot of situations?

I think I'm onto setting up but might wait till next season to really learn setting this beast up? It IS a beast too.....moves a LOT of material and I KNOW that if I can learn the beast that'll it'll definitely pay off in some situations.... Damn that thing moves the dirt....!!!!!!!

Any pointers....post em up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had the GGT Motherlode for awhile now and haven't really messed with it but 3 times now. First two times trying to set it up all I did was cuss and quickly went back to my old ways. The whole setup process reminded me of trying to set up a sail in a wind storm! Cooled off after a few days to try something different so I took a sluice stand and jury rigged it onto the stand with bolts and wires (temporary) to keep box on the stand. Also packed along a 20" piece of railroad track to weight the whole thing down. Took the getup/setup up to "crappy creek" today for a couple hrs to see if I could get the box to work for me BEFORE I lose it and throw it in the river!!!! Well the jury rigged system worked but will need some fine tuning. That thing moves an INSANE amount of dirt and this old boy was impressed! I knew it would work if I could just calm down and spend some time warming up to it? Now I was looking forward to the cleanout......but remember, I'm at my local "crappy creek" and there's a reason I call it crappy creek. this is where I go when I want to try something new or just kill time without driving all the way up to claim. Cleanout very disappointing with very little black sand (gold is a big bonus on crappy creek...got 1 tiny pinpoint sized spec.....lol)? I bought this big box for the bigger trap hoping I could maybe shovel all day and do one cleanout at the end? The trap filled fast up to about 1/2" below exit hole. I kept shoveling for another hr and trap still held at 1/2" below exit level so I figured it was doing it's thing? I know I could have used just a bit more flow but I think I had it real close to working proper????? I'll be heading up to claim with gold tomorrow, I'll take the GGT up and "might" try it but what usually happens is my time is so limited with travel and just being old, tired, and wore out that dig time is precious so I don't like losing time messing with unknowns like setting up with a lot of usual cussing....lol I'm also not a fan of building dams, etc. which it appears this baby needs in a lot of situations?

I think I'm onto setting up but might wait till next season to really learn setting this beast up? It IS a beast too.....moves a LOT of material and I KNOW that if I can learn the beast that'll it'll definitely pay off in some situations.... Damn that thing moves the dirt....!!!!!!!

Oneguy, The MotherLode sets up pretty much like the Explorer in the 'Setup and Tuning' video (Home page of GGT web site). We are editing two other videos specific to setup and tuning for the Nugget and the MotherLode, which will post by next Wed. Will send you a PM when posted. The MotherLode (and Explorer) will definitely wear you out feeding it! Your description of the capture chamber material level are about right, so the setup must had been pretty close. Any pictures of the setup?
If your on a stream or river with low flow, you may need to set up a few rocks to channel the water into the sluice and increase flow. Good luck at the claim...

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No gold on the deck?

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oneguy, The MotherLode sets up pretty much like the Explorer in the 'Setup and Tuning' video (Home page of GGT web site). We are editing two other videos specific to setup and tuning for the Nugget and the MotherLode, which will post by next Wed. Will send you a PM when posted. The MotherLode (and Explorer) will definitely wear you out feeding it! Your description of the capture chamber material level are about right, so the setup must had been pretty close. Any pictures of the setup?
If your on a stream or river with low flow, you may need to set up a few rocks to channel the water into the sluice and increase flow. Good luck at the claim...
Dennis....I've got a pretty good idea of how it's supposed to be setup. Watched your vids and many others (bazooka) over and over, etc.... Problem is DOING IT...lol I get impatient...especially with the short time I have up on the claim when time is so very limited. Tomorrow will also be my last day up there this season. Kinda a catch 22 thing......maybe waste time setting up (learning) to increase volume.....or quick setup with the AM and lose time classifying and running one scoop at a time?.....lol Damned if I do...damned if I don't. Gold isn't going anywhere so I "should" suck it up, set up GGT and just move some friggin dirt once set up properly? I was concerned about lack of black sand at crappy creek...especially with the amount of dirt I moved thru the GGT? Thanks for pointing out that the 1/2" from trap outlet seemed about right....I was concerned about that. If I do setup on the claim I KNOW the usual amounts of blacks that normally show up and that should reassure me the box is exchanging ok. I'm the weak link in my moving dirt.....but today without the classifying (that bending over) I moved more dirt thru that BEAST in 2 short hrs than I could have ever imagined.....!!!!!! I'll try and take some pics of the getup/setup should I use it tomorrow and also the results at the end of the day.....

thanx again...... and did I mention that thing is a dirt eating MOTHER...lode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No gold on the deck?

OMG....forgot to even check the sample riffles?........lol And at crappy creek....if you get anything at all it'll be ittsy bitsy teenie weenie micro spec.......

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Is your stream or river really slow? I'm not understanding how else it would be so hard to set it up. I don't have a g.g.t. yet but it can't be much different than the b.g.t. which is one of the easiest sluices to set up.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrizzlyGoldTrap

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dennis....I've got a pretty good idea of how it's supposed to be setup. Watched your vids and many others (bazooka) over and over, etc.... Problem is DOING IT...lol I get impatient...especially with the short time I have up on the claim when time is so very limited. Tomorrow will also be my last day up there this season. Kinda a catch 22 thing......maybe waste time setting up (learning) to increase volume.....or quick setup with the AM and lose time classifying and running one scoop at a time?.....lol Damned if I do...damned if I don't. Gold isn't going anywhere so I "should" suck it up, set up GGT and just move some friggin dirt once set up properly? I was concerned about lack of black sand at crappy creek...especially with the amount of dirt I moved thru the GGT? Thanks for pointing out that the 1/2" from trap outlet seemed about right....I was concerned about that. If I do setup on the claim I KNOW the usual amounts of blacks that normally show up and that should reassure me the box is exchanging ok. I'm the weak link in my moving dirt.....but today without the classifying (that bending over) I moved more dirt thru that BEAST in 2 short hrs than I could have ever imagined.....!!!!!! I'll try and take some pics of the getup/setup should I use it tomorrow and also the results at the end of the day.....

thanx again...... and did I mention that thing is a dirt eating MOTHER...lode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oneguy, we are working on the design of an instream stand that will fit the Explorer and the MotherLode models, as well as some of the old model fluid bed sluices. Will go into product in December...

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is your stream or river really slow? I'm not understanding how else it would be so hard to set it up. I don't have a g.g.t. yet but it can't be much different than the b.g.t. which is one of the easiest sluices to set up.

It's not slow and a little deep and steep, bottom is also big bowling ball size moss covered slippery assed rocks. I'm digging right at waterline on steep bank and hoping to setup as close to dry land as possible as all I do when in water is fall down on slippery rocks. I'll find a place with a little cussing and make it work. Heading out now....frost on ground and no sun where I'm digging higher up in elevation....gonna freeze my butt off today!!!....lol

Thanks guys...........

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gotcha ya, that makes sense. Are felt boot soles allowed in your area? They are much better then rubber when it comes to getting traction on rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread