Grocery Store Coin Cache

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped by my local grocery store (family owned) and picked up some carbonated beverages and salty snacks for my night. Noticed there is a tray labeled "jim's pennies" and under it is about 15-20 wheats by the cash register (my eyes always wonder to see if theres any halves or big dollars in there). I had noticed it before, and it had just 2 wheats in it. Any advice on buying these at face? My dad is well known in there, so that might help. I didn't ask because there was a lot of people in line And advice?

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your family owns the supermarket, go for it!! if it is just a cashier saving for somebody else, good luck...
hh
buff

Aug 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might i suggest you simply ask said individual if they would fancy a trade, offer new 2012 U.S cents for said old "wheat pennies.

Good luck friend.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Never hurts to ask there Mr.S, I have a small conveince store in my area that is locally owned and operated by Indians, I asked one day ( I'm in there getting gas twice aweek for my equipment) if they ever got any odd money in like halves and 2 dollar bills, they did get them every so often and started saving them for me under the register in a bin. So far I have some IKS and 2 dollar bills and a 67 and 69 half from them. They told me they didn't like the odd bills and coins because there's no place in the register for them, and they don't care about silver either, but I haven't asked them to save or look for silver Dimes or Quarters yet, but I may here soon. Just ask, you neber know. Good luck, HH, Maverick.

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd ask Jim if he wants to sell. But I gotta ask you first, is 15-20 wheat cents really a cache?

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd ask Jim if he wants to sell. But I gotta ask you first, is 15-20 wheat cents really a cache?

Jim dosen't work there. No one named jim works there :). As for the Cache, the definition of Cache is:

A collection of items of the same type stored in a hidden or inaccessible place.

OP
OP
MrSchulz

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well then get "Jim's Pennies!"
NOW! :D

There's a 'Tim' that works there :) Going in there tomorrow and im going to break the ice. If they have 20 wheats, im going to offer 1.00 for them, just to show them I mean business :) And maybe let them know i'd buy any dollar coins, halves, or 2 dollar bills that come in

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
There's a 'Tim' that works there :) Going in there tomorrow and im going to break the ice. If they have 20 wheats, im going to offer 1.00 for them, just to show them I mean business :) And maybe let them know i'd buy any dollar coins, halves, or 2 dollar bills that come in

Soo.... RUN! GO GET THEM WHEATIES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread