Ground balancing M6...problems.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Hey guys, I've owned a Whites M6 for...about one month now, and I love it. It has proven its worth by finding coins my Ace 250 couldn't find (a little deeper than the Ace is capable of). However, I am having some trouble with one aspect of ground-balancing my M6. I was told to pump the coil several times over a "clean" spot on the ground, but I've found that EVERYWHERE I go, the M6 detects something, i.e. iron, hot rock, etc. I have spent hours trying to do this, but there has never been a clean spot to accomplish this task. I don't want the M6 to lock on a peice of iron while I ground balance, because that would probably adversely affect my results...right? I understand that ground balancing properly can get a little more depth on the machine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Joe

Upvote 0

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
OK Twistidid, ground balancing is the same as the MXT and it is done as you said. But unless you switch to lock the M6 will constantly be adjusting the ground balance as you go. You don't have to worry and manyy times I just start detecting in a few sweeps it will ground balance.

Now if you want to lock the Trac that is different.

Check out this tip From Greg at Transbay.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/whites/index.php/topic,15726.0.html

Second send Greg an email an ask for his M6 Tip Sheet. It gets sent out with M6's on the west coast. you have it today.

[email protected]

Then get ready for the Scout camp. HH Rob

OP
OP
twistidd

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Rob,

Thanks for the advice. Are you coming to the camp hunt with the rest of us on the 1st?

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread