spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sag, you know taking kids lunch money is not fair :laughing7: But it did turn out good for you. :icon_thumright:

No good stories from last night, did get any extra job at the end of the shift and that is where I found 1 cent :laughing7: That's almost too embarrassing to even report, but what the heck, I have no shame :tongue3:

YTD $15.21

Tonight's the last night for me to score this week, let me hope it's a good one

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's finds were in a very productive area:

February 21

- 2006 cent
- 1981-P quarter

Total for the year: $15.24, £0.20, €0.01, and 1 AED

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night found 1 nickle and 6 pennies. I was lucky enough to be able to grab some extra time tomorrow morning. Instead of the sweeper, I'll be in a pick-up truck and cleaning fence lines. OK, the 1st stop will still be totally dark, but the next 2 I'll have daylight.

Sagi, I think there is no way for me to find more, unless I get paper. You are killing me on the coins :laughing7:

YTD $15. 32

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Spart- I am actually below average for this year. My average would be around $20 (never counted, so that's an estimate). All in coins.

February 22

- 1981 cent

Total for the year: $15.25, £0.20, €0.01, and 1 AED

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Grief, I'm going to have to find a Bank Deposit Bag to keep up with you guys. Finds in my travels over the past few days, one dime and seven pennies. All in different locations. Couldn't even score a lousy two coins together. And I did some serious parking lot/curb walking. Didn't hit any of my usual fast food take out lanes. With the lousy weather and mood I seem to be in lately, the next pretty little Hispanic Window Server who tells me I can't be out there, I'm about 100% sure I'll respond where "she" needs to be. And then later, I'll feel like crap.

Did score a nice calculator, it will go good with the two dozen I've already got. Found a real Quality Silver Charm Bracelet in a Box Store. Even with out a Loop I could see some markings on most of the Charms. Thing was Heavy. Several charms were babies and churches. Much to important to keep. Probably a Catholic Hispanic Mother. I turned it into the
Customer Service Lady. Took her name and the store Managers name to make them think twice about keeping it. Didn't leave my name. why, I don't know? Also found a new set of battery jumper cables in a lot. Kept those. Total score, and failing fast $2.24.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Added another $0.08 cents to the coffers last night :laughing7:

YTD $15.81

Expecting a nasty rain tonight, so hours will be cut and visibility is always crap, so I expect nothing tonight :crybaby2:

Lost, hang in there. If I didn't find any bills, we would have both been fighting for last place :laughing7:

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
February 24

- 2006 cent

Total for the year: $15.26, £0.20, €0.01, and 1 AED

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I mentioned, the night before it poured, sideways too, because of the high winds. Found nothing :laughing7:

Last night added 5 more pennies from 3 locations. Better than nothing :tongue3:

TYD $15.86

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sag and friends: you will hate me. I found a twenty dollar bill yesterday! In a really busy cafe, near the exit. I thought it was a fake, or a business card made to look like cash. But it was real as it gets.

I bought a moose maple leaf, and a awesome purple toned 2000 ASE. For like 6 over spot total for both. The twenty in my pocket helped me buy the silver.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, we hate you coinfetcher. Boo, Bah, Humbug, may you be infected by a thousand camel fleas. Just kidding. Way to go. No, I don't mean that. Two thousand camel fleas.

I walked ten yards through a grassy area beside a convenience store, inch of standing water, to grab what I thought was a dollar bill. It was a scratch off lottery ticket. Man, can't catch a break. Even braved the wrath of pretty little Hispanic drive thru window servic'ers at Burger King and KFC/Toco Bells yesterday. Nothing. The three piece chicken strips full meal at KFC was first rate tho.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I walked ten yards through a grassy area beside a convenience store, inch of standing water, to grab what I thought was a dollar bill. It was a scratch off lottery ticket. Man, can't catch a break.

Lost a little friendly advise.. Always check those tickets again. Last week one guy checked out one he picked up near where I live and the original owner misread the ticket, it was a winner for $20.00

I've gotten in the habit of checking them too, as it takes what :icon_scratch: all of a few seconds :tongue3:

Well CoinFetcher, I suggest that you keep a running tab here too. :laughing7: As soon as the weather warms here a bit more, and the shoppers are out, my numbers will climb quickly :tongue3:

dumpdigger

Nov 30, 2008
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XLT, Vaquero & Fisher 1280
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't replyed in this post yet. I've only gotten 12 cents this year. Were covered in snow. But you boys hold on to your hats cause summers coming and I will be out in force. LOL

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was walking to the 7-11 a few blocks away, on the way I walk through a gas station parking lot.
Well, what do I see? Why it's a twenty dollar bill on the concrete, right in my path.
As soon as I pick it up, an gentleman of about what appeared to be 60 or so says: (from the area of the gas pumps) "Excuse me did you just find a 20.00 bill?"
Drat.
Foiled again...
"Yes sir I did, did you lose one?.."
So I handed it to him.
Oh well, felt pretty good for like 10 seconds. :)

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luck is improving. Spotted a quarter on the floor in front of the Target Cashier. Eyeballed that sweet thing with two ladies ahead of me. I almost rushed to the head of the line to nail that quarter, but I waited. They missed it, I didn't. On the way out I found dime just inside the automatic front door. Brings me up to $2.59.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,I average $5 a month in coins found ABOVE the ground,in parking lots Coin Star machines,on the ground outside of drive thru's, and self checkout coin slots in retail stores.Not to mention all the screws,nails washers, and other assorted pieces of metal I find while walking the dog in my "hood.

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It has rained a lot in MD. However, it's been as dry as the Sahara Desert here for coins this last week.

March 1

- 1978 cent
- 2000-D cent

Total for the year: $15.28, £0.20, €0.01, and 1 AED

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
Found a $20 bill on the ground yesterday while out walking the dog with my dad. Saw people walking around well before we reached the part of the path where the bill was, so there really wasn't any way to know who dropped it. If I can't discern the potential owner or they have long gone before assuming it was them then it's fair game.

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
March 3