ground that hasent been worked since the 49ers

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
ground that hasen't been worked since the 49er's

What looks like a good place to start poking around at....all this ground has not been touched for a good 100 years or better.....where should we start digging?? uhhh maybe over there....stick around and find out,

db

Attachments

• db photos 007.jpg
    db photos 007.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 659
  • db photos 008.jpg
    db photos 008.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 650
  • db photos 009.jpg
    db photos 009.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 640
Upvote 0

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Re: ground that hasen't been worked since the 49er's

They pulled all the rock to get to bedrock then sluiced , long tommed maybe even rocker boxes, get back down on the bedrock is my guess, have you gotten gold out of the area yet Dan?

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007

oh yea.......it's not too bad. the ground under the tailing piles seem to pay pretty good. They didn't dig everything, but they sure did a good job...

db

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT

AH HAH now i see what yur up to LOL I was wondering if you were doing it all by hand you got all the equipment you need for a small operation that is so AWESOME!!!!

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

by the way the rocks have been stacked in neat stacks (walls) it was probably worked by the chinese,they often worked areas the americans and others -deemed ,not worth it.the 49 ers liked to hit the good pay areas and leave the hard to work areas for the chinese,------they often done better than the 49ers did.but they still did not get it all.sometimes you can check the areas under the stacks,of tailings,over burden and find virgin soil .

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was driving my RV around that place

El Cooter

Mar 20, 2007
Merced, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, GMT, V-Sat and ML2200d
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coulterville?

Cooter

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was wondering the same thing Cooter or ELCOOTER (whats that all about!!!??)I doubt if he tells us. :wink:

Mercury dude

Mar 8, 2007
Ceres
Detector(s) used
Stold by my x bounty hunter IV & Fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coulterville? that where I was looking for gold

OP
OP
DanB

DanB

Oct 23, 2007

Good eye Cooter, Kuger and mercury dude.......Your guesses are in the right neighborhood! Though these rock piles are on PRIVATE property...........a good friend of mine owns the land. BEWARE HE DOES NOT LIKE TRESPASSERS and HE DOSEN't dial 911....if you know what I mean......if you are going to be a pirate DON'T get caught....Yes it is near Coulterville....... as far as the gold photos go.......from the clean up......well lets just leave it to your imagination......all I can say is that if it wasn't paying, we would not be still digging........there will be more pictures posted in time,,,,just not now.

thanks for all the reply's......Happy digging to all..... and tons of AU to you....

db

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DanB said:
Good eye Cooter, Kuger and mercury dude.......Your guesses are in the right neighborhood! Though these rock piles are on PRIVATE property...........a good friend of mine owns the land. BEWARE HE DOES NOT LIKE TRESPASSERS and HE DOSEN't dial 911....if you know what I mean......if you are going to be a pirate DON'T get caught....Yes it is near Coulterville....... as far as the gold photos go.......from the clean up......well lets just leave it to your imagination......all I can say is that if it wasn't paying, we would not be still digging........there will be more pictures posted in time,,,,just not now.

thanks for all the reply's......Happy digging to all..... and tons of AU to you....

dbI am glad you are being smart about that!!! :wink: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions