Last Time Out Found Gold!

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
I did some prospecting in the Tushar mountains of Utah the end of October. Not much water flowing in the streams but the weather was great. Right around 62 degrees at 7000 ft. I was on my way down the mountain when I noticed an area that had some good looking material. It was getting late so I screened two 5 gal. buckets down to 1/2 inch. I processed the two buckets this weekend in my mini-highbanker using a recirculating set up. The yield wasn't too bad for the area. I'm tempted to go back but we have had snow at the upper elevations to the point that some of the ski resorts have opened early. Hmmm? Where did I put those snow chains? :wink:

A couple of pics. Not great but still pretty!

Attachments

• oct08gold 002.jpg
    oct08gold 002.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 573
  • oct08gold 003.jpg
    oct08gold 003.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Last Time Out

Definitely pretty!! ;D Sounds like you did real well for that amount of material....find those tire chains and a snow shovel and get back up there! lol Congrats on the color!

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Last Time Out

Wow! Looks real good for just two buckets! I bet you can't wait until the spring thaw!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!

Lookin

OP
OP
Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
The weather hasn't been to bad for the last week. I'm hoping it stays that way until next week and I'm going to take one more trip down there. I'll keep you all posted. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread