Group hunt Sunday morning

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Thanks for checking again Ryan. As ambassadors of the hobby, I am sure everyone will be model detectorists. We may be the first and definitely don't want to be the last. Between the Battle of Germantown and the Ambler train wreck, this is a location to be respected. Many people lost their life on that spot. I am looking forward to it. Let me know if you are interested in any of the info I found or old maps of the area. The weather looks good so far so it should be a great day! I am planning on being there and will probably be with my wife. Also, cntrydncr1 asked us to send her a PM if we were hunting because she was going to be out of the area until the night before. Take care everyone!

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good, seems like we have six or so people. I'll bring an extra detector just in case any one needs it.

Cheers...

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pjroo33, canudigit and mrscanudigit, baspinall, oldplacesnofinds, maybe cntrydancer and myself so far. Still parking lot #5 near the hawk observation deck. We should be able to cover alot of ground, can't wait to see what we pull out of the ground!

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cam9457 said:
pjroo33, canudigit and mrscanudigit, baspinall, oldplacesnofinds, maybe cntrydancer and myself so far. Still parking lot #5 near the hawk observation deck. We should be able to cover alot of ground, can't wait to see what we pull out of the ground!

If I wasn't taking part in another group hunt this weekend, I would be all over this. Sounds like an excellent site with a lot of potential. Make sure you post your finds.

Good luck guys!!

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anyone would like to give me a call to talk about Sunday or if anybody has any questions about the park, the history or anything just send me a pm or email. Ryan

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be around 50 degrees, nice day

JCinNJ

Jan 25, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi All,

Hope you did great. Decided to stay local and md with my boy.

Got a mystery coin or token soakin'

HH

- joe

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
well?..................... ::) what did you find! :wink:

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
5 pennies,(2 1961s, 1 1981, 1976, 1 to beat up to read), 1 1966 quarter, 1 silver buckle, 6 different musket rounds, one appears unfired. Never seen rifle rounds like these.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Keith,
You should have joined us!!! We had a great day and the weather was perfect. It was so nice to meet everyone and I think all would agree we had a great time with good finds.

My first pic shows miscellaneous finds. The spoon is silver plate and had "Troop 67" etched on the back. Looks like someone lost the wings they earned on their first flight.

The second pic shows all of my clad and better finds. And the third then shows the good finds. Love the 3 ring bullets and the ball!!!! My first of course. Several of the group found silver but mine was only a 1950 quarter. Also found 3 wheaties, the oldest being 1924.

The ring has a turquoise stone and is marked sterling.

For me...it was an awesome day.

Attachments

• miscfindsFtWash.jpg
    miscfindsFtWash.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 667
  • KeepersFtWash.jpg
    KeepersFtWash.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 670
  • BestFtWash.jpg
    BestFtWash.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 658
OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, and one silver medalion. Very nice turn out! Hope everyone had fun. We have so much more park to cover yet.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
cntrydncr1 said:
Keith,
You should have joined us!!! We had a great day and the weather was perfect. It was so nice to meet everyone and I think all would agree we had a great time with good finds.

My first pic shows miscellaneous finds. The spoon is silver plate and had "Troop 67" etched on the back. Looks like someone lost the wings they earned on their first flight.

The second pic shows all of my clad and better finds. And the third then shows the good finds. Love the 3 ring bullets and the ball!!!! My first of course. Several of the group found silver but mine was only a 1950 quarter. Also found 3 wheaties, the oldest being 1924.

The ring has a turquoise stone and is marked sterling.

For me...it was an awesome day.

very cool! :o :o maybe if you guys get together again i will join you then. this weekend was a wash for me, i didnt get out at all. :'( looks like you guys did really well! i cant wait to see the others finds!

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bullet up top has three rings on tail end, the rest hit the embankment.

Attachments

• tmpFF722D.jpg
    tmpFF722D.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 639

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
cam9457 said:
Bullet up top has three rings on tail end, the rest hit the embankment.

thats a really unusual bullet. i have never seen one quite like it. maybe someone else will see it and know exactly what it is. nice stuff!

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great time today and I hope we can go back soon. I'll post pictures of my finds shortly. Thanks again Ryan!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread