Group hunt Sunday morning

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Ok then...Ryan lets pick a Sunday before the ticks get bad! The sooner the better, it seems like we are all itching to get out again. I'm sure the group will grow too...several others from the site have said they would like to join us.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
We are home safe and sound from the hospital. Thank you to eveyone for your kind words. If we go out this Sunday, maybe my Mom can watch the young one for a bit.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
pjroo33 said:
Hey Shane... Were you able to get a date on the spoon from the markings?

Aaron,

I researched that spoon. Here is when it was made>>

The mark Wm. Rogers surrounded by a star and eagle was used by William Rogers between 1825 to 1841 on his coin silver spoons.

These markings are on the spoon. It is silver plated though. The pics are small. I'll try to resize them later. Pretty cool. You found the spot, I just dug it ..... :wink:

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 402
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 407

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Sunday is supposed to be real sunny, Hint Hint :icon_sunny:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Shane;
glad all went well and your wife is home. Sunday would be good for me too!

Hey I found a spoon too. Not Wm. Rogers. Mine has "Troop 67" etched on the back!
Debby

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, can we lock in at 9AM again? Ryan where are you.......

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
baspinall said:
This Sunday is supposed to be real sunny, Hint Hint :icon_sunny:

awwwww you guys are killin me! im out of town this weekend, gonna miss the club hunt and maybe this. :'( at least where im goin there ought to be good finds there as well. :wink: let me know what yall came up with.

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday's cool with me, I just have to bail out a little early, gotta take my daughter to a Beauty and the Beast play at the local high school at 2pm. I beleive Ft. Hill is the one across from the park office, there is a monument there now. All traces of the real area were destroyed by out of state workers that were working on the turn pike project during the depresion years. I've gone up there but there is a awful lot of trash. The only part of that camp that might be left would be inside the Wapiti Archery club grounds, I was on their site but couldn't find a phone number to call them to ask for permission. The other hill, Camp Hill is owned by some wierd religous group. I'm not goin up there by myself, if someone would like to go up there with me I'll go. Those people scare me!

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at the map on my profile I left the pointer on Ft. Hill. The area south of the pointer and North of the Tpk is a steep hill, pretty thick, but thats where the action was on Ft Hill

OP
OP
cam9457

cam9457

Mar 18, 2008
Cape May, NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab ETRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good to me, I'm workin on getting permission on some more large historical properties just to have more lined up. Oh, Brian, the Clifton house is where the historical society that I volunteer meets, I was there today. There isn't much ground there, maybe 1/4 acre. They just mowed the field across the street, they only do that once per year. Looks promising.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
The more I think about it, I wonder if that spot had any small civil war skirmishes with all the ringers we found. Or, someone was just doing some shooting into a hill back in those days. Seems kind of wasteful though. What do you guys think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread