Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started playing around out in the yard with one, and was I surprised. With the 8" Crossfire II coil on it, this is a great detector. I was going to sell it, but now I'm rethinking. I may just sell my Cutlass II instead. The biggest thing I dislike about it is pinpointing. I guess that isn't anything $15 bux and a trip to Harbor Freight won't cure.

Great depth and accurate ID, I can't wait to give it a try on the beach tomorrow.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with it. I used mine on the beach for 7 years. It never failed me. Plenty of clad and some gold and silver here and there.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, go for it at the beach. If it acts up in the wet sand see about turning down the sensitivity till it behaves.

Good Luck,
Sandman

OP
OP
GibH

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used a 10x14 coil, no problems on the wet. Didn't find much, but I was out Friday with the Cutlass II and cleansweep coil and couldn't even find trash. A couple of baubles my daughter will like and a whopping 11 cents. Oh, I found a full Bic lighter, so that saves me $1.20 :laughing7:

It's heavier than my Tesoro and I have to swing it slower. I mounted the battery pack on my pocket about 3/4 of the way through my hunt, and it probably saves over half a pound that way. Over all it is a much better detector than I would have thought. I know with crossfire II coil on it, it kicks butt on coins. The 10x14 would be excellent for relic hunting, but doesn't hit on very small items.

I would highly recommend it for someone looking to get started cheaply as they don't seem to get the respect they deserve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions