GTI 2500 Users I have some questions?

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought a GTI2500 after using a Ace 250 for about a year. 1st one I got was defective had to send it back. Got a new one and have a few questions or maybe someone can throw some advice to me. When I'm using the 12.5 coil it locks up sometimes when I pinpoint and makes a ticking sound and I have to reset it not everytime but has happened twice so far.(Any ideas) What sensitivity are you guys running? Is the 12.5 imaging coil that much better then the 9.5 imaging coil? I know on the Ace the 9x12 coil is way better then the 9.5. Also are the DD coils imaging coils (Small & Large one) Probaly not but wanted to ask I know on kellyco they say the small white one and large white one are non imaging but never say on the DD coils. Also the only belltones I'm getting are dimes and quarters and even them they are not always belltones. Dug 3 IHP yesterday 1864, 1877 and a 1907 all rang in #7 on the machine but no belltone at all. Hunted with it for around 20 hours this week and sorta thinking this machine might have problems as well. You opions are appreciated.

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Hmmmm...well let me first say that no the DD coil is not imaging. I have only used the 12.5 coil a couple of times but I have never had the problem you describe. With the stock coil I run 9 in non-trashy areas and 7.5 in trashy areas. That's just me though your ground conditions will most likely vary from mine. I don't know about the bell tones on regular dimes and quarters but some IH Penny's and even some early date wheat's do not always bell tone. Anytime I have problems with it acting funny I usually try turning down the sensitivity a little and resetting it. That's about all I know to tell you. John will probably have more advice and probably better then mine. Hope you get it figured out. :icon_thumright:

TG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread