Guarding the "tomato" plants.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recently, I posted a video of four pot plants that Judy bought, using her medical license. The "fruit" will soon be harvested so we have a camera monitoring the plants. In spite of three dogs and two cats, this guy ambled through the front yard on the posted day and time. He is within 15 feet of the car which is next to the porch. Neat! ╦╦Ç

Deer.JPG

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Recently, I posted a video of four pot plants that Judy bought, using her medical license. The "fruit" will soon be harvested so we have a camera monitoring the plants. In spite of three dogs and two cats, this guy ambled through the front yard on the posted day and time. He is within 15 feet of the car which is next to the porch. Neat! ╦╦Ç

View attachment 1514833

Dry and cure that fruit proper now,don't forget these when it's all done.

jar_67gr.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I always knew that rural Virginia was a very backwards area, where bathing became popular in the 1960's.......

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always knew that rural Virginia was a very backwards area, where bathing became popular in the 1960's.......
Just to show how rural we are..... it is a full 25 minutes from the nearest McDonalds! Truly rural! ╦╦Ç

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Walking Jerky and new knife handles.

So when are you going to drop him.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Walking Jerky and new knife handles.

So when are you going to drop him.
The nearest human neighbor is 1/4 mile away. Without these visitors, we would be very lonely here! Besides, Judy is a "tree hugger" so no hunting here. We shoot off the porch at targets 50, 70, and 100 yards from the porch...... practicing........ ╦╦Ç

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Too easy mate, make sure to use something without over penetration, 22 nice head shot always does it; this way you do not hit any trees, its poaching and not hunting, but wait until it steps on the drive and call it road kill, and you are just making sure that many parts get used up like the skin, antlers, meat.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nearest human neighbor is 1/4 mile away. Without these visitors, we would be very lonely here! Besides, Judy is a "tree hugger" so no hunting here. We shoot off the porch at targets 50, 70, and 100 yards from the porch...... practicing........ ╦╦Ç

I'm not against Hunting , I'm just not Hungry Enough. lol

If I shot off my front or back porch , SWAT would soon arrive.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1514833

Here is a picture of some 'Medicine' that popped up in a friends yard , from an 'Ash Tray dump' ???

About 4 years ago.
Go...'NORMAL'.
213.JPG 229.JPG

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not against Hunting , I'm just not Hungry Enough. lol

If I shot off my front or back porch , SWAT would soon arrive.

Use a bow then, because every fella I know that was in SWAT loved Jerky, but not big on sharing.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It used to be you could get a real good crop going by buying bird seed that was from Mexico in the 70s. Then they "got wise" to it. Pooh! ╦╦Ç

They stopped that in Germany around 2007 but you can still buy it in Italy.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use a bow then, because every fella I know that was in SWAT loved Jerky, but not big on sharing.
The number of deer, and occasional bear, that could be shot from the porch would keep the meat locker full but like Davers says, I'm not hungry enough yet. ╦╦Ç

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The deer on our property are very curious. They've snuck up on me a few times while I was digging. Scared the beejeebies out of me.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The deer on our property are very curious. They've snuck up on me a few times while I was digging. Scared the beejeebies out of me.
In most woodlots (Ohio too), if you were able to stay absolutely still for ten minutes, you will see the area come alive with deer. ╦╦Ç

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
In most woodlots (Ohio too), if you were able to stay absolutely still for ten minutes, you will see the area come alive with deer. ╦╦Ç

I've got a pic in a thread somewhere in this forum. I was sitting on the back patio one morning and four of them came up to get a drink from the pond. I have always heard hunters say you can't smoke because they will smell it and turn away. I was smoking that morning and the wind would have carried in their direction. They did give a hoot. Spooked them because I was fumbling with my cell trying to get the pic.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a pic in a thread somewhere in this forum. I was sitting on the back patio one morning and four of them came up to get a drink from the pond. I have always heard hunters say you can't smoke because they will smell it and turn away. I was smoking that morning and the wind would have carried in their direction. They did give a hoot. Spooked them because I was fumbling with my cell trying to get the pic.
Adams County, WI. I took my wife with me bow hunting. We walked into the woods and I whispered to her that we will sit here and see deer. She sat down first and by the time I sat next to her, her jaw was hanging open. I followed her gaze to see a deer standing ten feet from us. Of course, by the time I could nock an arrow, it bounded off. I'll never forget that. ╦╦Ç

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1514833

Also lucky he did not eat the fruits of your wife's Med's but the Flowers might be to sticky this time of year???

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Only Bow allowed in my County anyway.

Don't know if i'd rather be hit with a Arrow or Gun , Guess it depends on where i'm hit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions