Guilford and ?

Alexander997

Jun 22, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B3874E7F-07ED-47A5-B082-EA8B3819B187.jpeg 82FF161B-9AF3-4527-8F95-FAD54BBFE68D.jpeg B5395A31-23E1-42DA-B096-4976532EE386.jpeg

Found these this morning artifact hunting, I think the one on the right side of the quarter could be a Guilford Point? I could be wrong and I’d appreciate if someone more knowledgeable could correct me. The one on the left I think is some sort of pre form? Again, I appreciate any help, I’m such a novice at this.

Upvote 0

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
It is hard to tell from where I set. The one on the top or right side of the quarter looks like it could be a biface, but I only see photos of one side. A large portion of bifaces and points can not be reliably identified as being of a certain recognized point type, and I would suggest that may be the case with this item. I would not type it as a Guilford from what I can see. The bottom piece of quartz looks like worked material to me, and from what I can see I would call it a flake or debitage, as I can not tell from here if it has any small intentional flakes removed to create a cutting or scraping edge? I would bet there is more to found where they came from, and wish you success on future hunts.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
They both look like small quarts triangle points, but like redbeard said, it’s tough to see from the pictures.
I suggest using a dark background for such highly translucent material. I use close direct lighting. That may be helpful to try. Quartz artifacts are hard to capture well in photos.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread