Gunfight rules

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Shooting Advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors.

If you own a gun, you will appreciate these rules.

If not, you should get one and learn how to use it and learn the rules :

A; Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B; It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C; Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D; Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length

E; Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the
first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F; The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response
time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

G; The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win -
There is no such thing as a fair fight. Always win - cheat if necessary.

H; Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets . . . You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, 'cause it will be empty.

I; If you're in a gun fight:
If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
If you're not loading, you should be moving,
If you're not moving, you're dead.

J; In a life and death situation, do something . . . It may be wrong, but do something!

K; If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

L; You can say 'stop' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M; It is advisable to have a laser sight---that red dot of a laser sight on the target is very scary.

N; You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, forward to others you know who also believe.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading." Thomas Jefferson

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Left one off...

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber gun.......

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Left one off...

THs is "O"

Heres "P"

P....Fire power is good Accuracy is final

Q....Learn instinct shooting,a very valuable skill.The time it takes you to bring up your gun to get a sight picture you could be a dead man.Learn to shot from the hip.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of replies to some of these posts are shot from the hip.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Front sight and squeeze the trigger!

The next loud noise you hear will be me!

Thanks Deep......carrying a weapon is our right, but also comes with a batch of respondsibility.......we owe it to everyone to know how and why we carry, bluffing and bluster have no place with a weapon that can change our lives, and those of others at the pull of a trigger.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have the Bill of Rights. What we need is a Bill of Responsibilities.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of videos on instinctive shooting.Remember you do not use the sights in instinctive shooting.

One of the ultimates in instinctive shooting.I've posted this video before but its worth seeing again.Pay attention starting at 4:15

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newton said the same thing about apples. PIPPIE

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Left one off...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

TH.... Great comment. Back in 1974 I moved to MO. from MI. at age 18. I knew everything. I moved into a very small town. Got an apartment on the second floor above a grocery store. $1.00 a day for rent + utilities. Couldn't beat it. Fully furnished also. Had 1 door entering the living room. Then a small short hallway to bathroom and then the bedroom at the end of the hall. About a week into moving in I heard the unlocked door to apt. open and the light come on. This was at 2.30 am. Then I saw the hallway light come on and heard footprints coming my way down the hallway. I yelled "WHO IS IT"!!!! No answer... I yelled again and said "I have a gun." Violated rule E (Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.) He keep coming forward and then my door was pushed open... safety came off... He reached inside room and turned on light... The look on his face was of surprise... I fired right at his head and he brought his hand up at same time. He screamed at the top of his lungs dropped a 26" wooden club and ran like hell. I reloaded and followed... blood everywhere after he left my apartment. I followed to street level then returned. I locked door and went back to bed. I saw police the next morning and told them what happened. I had no phone and no policemen was on duty at that time.

3 days later he couldn't take the pain any longer and went to doctor. The rest is history. The .22 hollow point from my old single shot bolt action hit him right in the palm by his thumb. I can't believe he made it 3 days with that wound and pain. This man was 6-3, 240 lbs. I was 5-7, 120. So small caliber... large man worked... once. That scenario is NOT FUN to deal with. He was damn lucky... and I don't ever want to have this choice again.

Last edited:

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What happened to the good old days when Dad taught us how to shoot and safely handle a gun? Oh yeah, the idiots took over and now, who needs a Dad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions