Guns and Silver This Weekend

D

dubby90

Had a great weekend. Was up doing research till about 2 a.m. on Friday. I was looking for some different areas to hunt that were closer to home instead of driving the usual 1/2 to hunt out places I thought were older. So I went into a couple of city government sites, looked for old plat maps and read up on local history that these cities put up and rechecked the maps with current google maps (I love that google earth feature, if you haven't tried that check it out, you can zoom all the way into your own house!). Anyways cross referencing an old school house that was once on the corner of main and school roads--found the roads, but as far as the school goes it is sadly a red-headed pig tailed brat of a Wendy's. So being disappointed I paid my respects to the memory of the forgotton school house and bought a hamburger. On the road again, looking for two old parks--now covered with houses. Finally made it to my new hot ground, you know that kind of semi-open mildly wooded area with large trees that lets in just enough sunlight and provides just enough shade to where it seems that every good target your digging the sun is casting a spotlight on you and you know somebody is watching somewhere with a smile on their face. The place is great, lots more ground to cover with a small fenced in nature trail in the back of the park that needs searching. I am really in the heart of the city and am actually being watched by deer that are no more than 50 ft away from me -- maybe they are the ones smiling at me? Anyways pulled out some great relics, clad coins, sterling charm on the bracelet, and as far as the compact with the coin there's a little story behind that. I put it in there so my girlfriend could open it up, it was an attempt to excite the treasure hunter within her soul. I know it was a sneaky thing to do but I thought it would give us something we could get involved in together. So does that classify me as a hopeless hunting romantic or a LIAR. Either way I am going huntin tomorrow. ENJOY!!!

Attachments

• GunsandSilver.jpg
    GunsandSilver.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 601
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dubby90

OH yeah, what do you guys think about the copper plate? My guess was Tap Dance Shoes???

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awsome....love the compact!

HH
-GC

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
These are some neat finds...Just thinking about the kids playing with these toy guns make you want to go back to your childhood days! Looks like you hit a sweet little spot for digging.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

Looks like the area could hold more. I can understand about the dime in the compact.

It's tricking her for a good cause. My wife supports my treasure hunting.

She even goes sometimes when the kids arean't around.

Hope she comes around for ya.

HH Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread