MDing gods got me

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Just posting this show you all that I don't score big every time. Although, I did get enough on Saturday for a few trips I guess, so it all equals out in the end. I went out for 2-1/2 hours Sunday, hitting two play areas at schoolyards. They were both recently updated with fresh woodchips and I got skunked on keepers.

I ended up with $5.55 in clad and did find one nice plated brass religious medal and about 12 trinket junk jewelry pieces and a old Gerber Baby Spoon.

No pictures to show today :)

I still had fun getting out in the sun!
Happy hunting and good luck to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG I like those Religious medals no matter what they are made of! 8)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
BDoo,

"MDing gods got me"
always bitching ;)

You had sun.
I had rain >:(

have a good un...............

You know it Sherm,
as if somebody cared...lol ;)
Thanks for the note my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
The Seeker said:
WTG I like those Religious medals no matter what they are made of! 8)

Yes me too,
the members here find some amazing religious items,
this wasn't one of them, but as you said, it's a keeper and nice.
Thanks for the friendly comment.

Smiles!
BDoo

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got to let those woodchips "mature". I'm sure you'll be back to your awesome finds soon enough. HH Bill

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez.... over $5.00 in clad and you consider that a bad day, haha, what a whiner! ;)

If you can find that much clad in a week over here then you are doing quite well for yourself.

But at least your 'bad day' is behind you now!

What is your clad count up to this year? It has to be several hundred by now. I only try to dig old coins and my count is over $100 and about 2100+ coins so far. You must be in the 5,000+ coin league this year!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Like willie d said Bdoo.......need's to be aged just right......Still added to your X-Mas fund though!!!!Just like the Skin's losing tonight......This hobby and the game are very similar......Gotta Love It!!!!!!!HH!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow do people find more than 25 old coins a year? ::) ::) ::) I better start hunting every every day. Congrats on your finds.
I could plan on buying a new metal detector with that kind of money comming in. Burdie

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Schools been open for about a week now. This is the time to go back and hit it,because all of the kids will have been wearing their good stuff the first week to show off...and hopefully lose! ;)

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Boobydoo, always post pictures when you have a crapy day.

Reasons:

1) Your crapy days are the best days for some of us so post them so we can better relate to you. By posting you motivate us to turn off that stupid boob tube and go THing because we say "I think I can."

2) And too, by posting crapy finds, some of the guys who only post the big stuff get prideful and arrogant (and therefore careless) and leave more stuff for us poor hunters.

See, the junky non-impressive finds are also very important. But on the other hand, who determines what's junky or unimpressive here on TreasureNet? (be nice and don't think of any names).

Too me, every find is important and none are junky. I even like square nails and bottle caps!

So, what I'm saying is...post pictures of all your finds. We always need different levels of finds because the people who read this are at different levels.

Badger

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
ROFL you guys are pretty nutty. Good to see a tight group. I have to agree with Badger Boobydoo, you worst days are still very good.

I myself am guilty though of not posting much in a long time. Only been doing some coin roll hunting posts. I just haven't really seemed to have found that place yet. Last 3 weeks have been $8.50 ish in clad half on one day, a very small silver ring with stone out. Its my first silver ring, I would have shown that one, but I cannot even seem to get my camera to focus hardly at all now. ITs toast, but I can't afford another one yet. Otherwise I have found 4 wheaties.

Congratulations, still a good day in my book.

Postalrevnant

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi boby,those school playgrounds there produce mega loads of coins and jewellery. In the state i live in [victoria] australia no -one is allowed to m.d public schools .Theres a big yellow sign that says Child Safe Area,which means only people and parents engaged in school activties allowed in the school.They have to report to the office first.This is the law and protects the children from possible danger and this applies after hours and some private schools do permit m.ding but rare.Some public parks come under the same rule.I also know that when someone loses a piece of jewellery, all efforts are made to find the loss by the school.There a bit difference in the rules here than what you have boby.

tinpan congrats on your find

thadious

Jul 13, 2006
Hemet, Ca
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Garret Ace 250, At Pro
sheesh Bdoo over five dollars in clad alone would be a good day for me. Anyway keep on hunting and send some of your bad days my way. HH Ted

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Bdoo,Bdoo,bdoo-- your pain is our gain-- LOL ;D ;D
.....of course not--just kidding!!! But you're bad day
beats Us average Joe's by a mile. :) :)
I went to a playground Saturday- -I was excited because it was out of the way, figured I'd really kill it!!
Yeah,right, 1 clad dime (1966) and 2 pennies. The place wrecked havoc with My Garrett. Seems the fill used was slag from the RR yards. So very disappointing, but at least I had fun and was outside!!! :) :)
Thanks for your congenial posts !!
Always remember with Me-- --its always good natured kidding!!!
congrats & HH

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Nice job Bdoo!!! Always remember $5.55 in clad is good for...

a silver half

2 silver quarters

5 silver dimes

10 buffaloe nickels

100 wheats

NICE JOB!!!

-CC

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks everyone for all the great comments,
it is appreciated. I know that I have been fortunate
every day out, in fact I feel good just to be out there
no matter what the finds are. Tons of clad this year,
bsco, my total to date for 2006 is $237 which can buy
a lot of silver I guess huh Cool Cash.

I did have a funny thing happen while detecting too. A small boy, about 4 years old came to play on the structures and he was with his dad. The boy was following me around asking questions like small kids always do. "What are you looking for?" I said coins and stuff. As he watched me, I found only trash things, pieces of rusty steel, nails, and tin foil. He watched me put them in the right side of my pouch where I keep the trash finds. Well, he went around the entire play area and picked up all the paper and wrappers and any trash that was on the ground and then brought it over to me. Then he reached out and started stuffing it in my trash pouch. Of course I let him do it. It was so cute. His dad was yelling at him to leave me alone, but I said it was ok. It was pretty funny.

Thanks again everyone. HH to all!!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
bscofield6 said:
Geez.... over $5.00 in clad and you consider that a bad day, haha, what a whiner! ;)

If you can find that much clad in a week over here then you are doing quite well for yourself.

But at least your 'bad day' is behind you now!

What is your clad count up to this year? It has to be several hundred by now. I only try to dig old coins and my count is over $100 and about 2100+ coins so far. You must be in the 5,000+ coin league this year!

Well, I didn't mean to make it sound like a "bad" day, but fair enough :)
In my last 20 outings, I have only been skunked on keeper gold or silver two times, so I have been super fortunate this year for sure. I'll take it;)

The clad count is $237 and 3050 coins. Lots of quarters I guess.

Thanks bsco, best of luck out there bud!

Smiles!
BDoo

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Nice story Bdoo!

$237!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Thats good for an ACE 250 and 30 or so silver dimes! I have to comment on this though, $5.55 in clad, and no jewelry. Hmmmm... Interesting, il have to think about this one for a while because it has got me stumped. Il be sure to let you know when i figure something out. Congrats! Good luck and HH!

-CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread