Guys selling 300 sealed marvel comics for 350$

rcb187

May 3, 2018
Cornville, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think worth it? His ad says he wants someone to buy the entire yard sale. I see amidst the crappy house item pictures a box of comics, so i ask about them. I say I cant afford the whole yard sale but how much for the comics, he says 350. So I'm thinking hes just tired of the stuff and wants it gone. any comic experts here? If he will sell them for 200$ ill buy it. I'm going to check it out in a few hours.

Thoughts?

Just did a quick Google search on what to look for, when buying them. First appearance, as well as platinum and gold age.

Might be worthwhile if you want to flip them quick with all of the new comic book movies coming out lately, but I'm afraid long term they will be about like the billions of baseball cards out there that NOBODY wants.

Thanks . Yea if anything it would a flipper.

I just sold a couple signed and graded issues. However, most comics, especially modern age, aren't worth much. Most comics only sell for $1 or $2 anyway. So you need to get them cheap to make anything, especially if you suspect they've already been picked through. Also condition is key. Anything less than VF/NM isn't gonna sell for anything unless it's a certain collectible issue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273820316652

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123745888115

I do have 4-5 short boxes and 1 long box of bagged and boarded comics myself that I need to sell cheap, locally. was thinking more along the lines of .30-.40 a copy as a wholesale price for the lot. That's after after I cherry pick through them.

Last edited:
thanks. turns out i bought it and upon getting home im finding tons of 90s which kinda sucks but a bunch are autographed. The old man had tons of crap. and he says he just wants it gone. hes got coins too. says he knows it takes the time to look it up and he doesnt want to do that. he had a nice ranch house with tons of vehicles and tractor stuff. as well as classic cars. i dont believe he cherry picked. spawn #1 autographed was near the top with a certificate.

Last edited:
question about grading. if its signed. can it still be graded with the signature?

Look for New Mutants #98. First appearance of Deadpool. That's an easy $150 up depending on condition.

question about grading. if its signed. can it still be graded with the signature?

Unless the grading company witnesses the signing, they won't grade it with the signature as part of it. Think they just flat grade condition.

i found this one called cyber frog #1 and #2 they are both signed. Looked it up and was suprised to see what its worth. Apparently only a few were published with black and white pages. the rest were all color. the one i have is black and white pages #1 and #2

20190501_150519[1].jpg

Ya never know cant hurt to look

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back