diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the extent of my finds this weekend. A vintage sealed bottle of Guerlain Shalimar from the 1970's or earlier. I talked them down to $15 from $20. The other is a Polaroid SX-70 Model One that dates to Sept. 1973, so it's an earlier model. It was $10, purchased from another sale. Pretty good condition too. The only two buys from the only two sales I went to. It's just not as fun by myself, without the wife by my side. :sad10: Miss you Jess.

IMG_0194 (1024x576).jpg

I'll update when sold. Thanks for looking.

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Nice score on the Polaroid SX-70 as well. A number of years ago (10?) I was selling them on ebay as fast as I found them for between $70-$125. I can only imagine the price on them has gone up in the last decade or so.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good eye. The SX -70 land camera will make you some money. Good luck.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff. I've bought and sold both those items before, with the exception my perfume bottles were empty. I believe Baccarat made some of those bottles for Guerlain?

WoodnHead

Mar 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn! I am a Guerlain/Shalimar collector and connoisseur and dream of finding one in the wild! Currently I just rely on Ebay sellers who don't know what they have. I've done pretty well but never at a garage/estate/yard sale. Nice! You've just made me go and re-spritz!

Most vintage Guerlain will always do well. Also look for Guerlain Jicky, Vol de Nuit, Mitsouko, and Vega in women's scents. Vintage men's Guerlain Habit Rouge and Vetiver also do very well.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. I listed the Perfume. We'll see how it does. I believe it's a Pouchet bottle versus a Baccarat bottle. I have a couple boxes of perfumes from sales I've purchased over the years that I need to get rid of. Most will go to the yard sale. A few older and/or yet to be unidentified ones, I will hold on to. Haven't listed the Polaroid yet. The prices aren't really any better than they were since the first one I sold. If anything, they are selling for a bit less nowadays it seems. I'm watching one right now like mine BIN for $60, just reduced from $75. Tested and working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions