Guys,take a look......

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guy's,take a look......

Hello all.......
I added little water pump,to my River Sluice.......1.5 H Power...I guess,I can only use classified material,Down to a 1/4.
It works really good.....But I still Ned on opinions,just to make sure I did it wright.
Bought couple of bags of GPAA Gold......RAN IT TRU,AND IT SAVED IT ALL,,,That Angus M Sluice is unreal,all the fine Gold was saved......
Tomarow,were going in the Mountain's,by State Colledge...Good Placer Gold up there.....
So what is you guy's opinion.????????Severall photos,for you to see....
Were going to the NJ Sand Pit,in the next week,or two.....
I will let you know,how I did.
N

Attachments

• IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    124.8 KB · Views: 2,289
  • IMG_1565.JPG
    IMG_1565.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,340
  • IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 2,293
  • IMG_1567.JPG
    IMG_1567.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 2,304
  • IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 2,305

eureka77

May 8, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
tek.alpha2000
Nokta Fores Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Guy's,take a look......

I love looking at the homade set ups, good job.
How much for that pump if ya don't mind my asking?

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Pump was on sale,for 99.95,at Harbor Freight.......
It is a very light little thing,but it works great........
N

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice set up ,i need one of those pumps.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

looks like its working fine as your using it, but how much head pressure will it make? for example. if your to use it in a creek and pump the water up over the embankment and up to your HB location. will you still have enough water pressure to do the job. i borrowed one from a friend years ago and it would barely get enough water to the HB and it was only 4 foot above the water source.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I bought one of those chinamen knockoffs for $50 on craigslist and they are a cruel joke-no head or psi and only good for tinkertoys and NOT mining with real equipment fed with a shovel instead of a hand trowel-John

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009

Well man I think you did a good job on the fabrication! There is research out there supporting the fact that most high-bankers run way too much water currently. See this quote from page 8 of," How to Operate and Build Sluice Boxes.", From a guy who did far more research and testing on all types of designs then I could possibly do:

What I found to be especially interesting with respect to general flow through a typical sluice box is that most gravity feed stream sluices are set up with far to little flow and velocity to work properly and that most store-bought power-
sluices (high-bankers) are set up with far to much flow and excessive water velocities.

You can read more about this here: http://64.172.168.34/neatstuff/sluice-build-partIII.pdf

Anyway,the bottom line is if it works for you then that is all that matters. You can always upgrade the size of the pump later if need be. Also that might be a really nice setup for processing cons at the house too. Good luck with it, and would love to see some pics/video from when you get to go out and use it!

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for all the comments...much prisieted......
To tell you the truth,I was doing some research on this Angus M sluice,and I could not find a set up like this one,anywhere.....So I went ahead,and did my own thing,and I'm very happy with it.Blocked off the back,only 4 screws hold it to the sluice...I can take the screws out,and I can use it in a creek,in about 5 minutes.1 1/2 Pipe only has 28 3/8 holes in it in the back.Washes real nice,not to fast,not to slow....I don't even have to screw down the water feed.It stays there by itself....
Here are the stats on the Pump.....
20 foot suction height....More than I will ever need......
59 foot head lift....More than I will need....
1/3 gallon fuel tank is good for abbot 1 hour of continuous operation....So for a gallon of Fuel,I can use it for a while.2000 rpm,is what I had when I put it all together,and it worked just fine....The water Flo is real good to....Saved all the fine gold,and the Riffles were clean,that means it works just fine.....
If I would just go ahead,and get one of them big pumps,I may have to much water running true the sluice......So I'm going to start with this,It is a learning experience for me.
I do classify lots of material in the creeks,and usually I bring home severall buckets,and now I can work at home....

Astrobouncer,I did read that article,thanks a million,very intresting....I think I did it wright....
We will see,next Month,were going to BC in Canada,for 5 day's,looking forword to it. :icon_thumleft:

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

looks like you are doing well with your new set up, congrads.
best of luck in bc and post some pictures of your trip when you return.
take care and be safe out there. ron

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other

Sounds like good head and lift numbers.
What is the GPH?
Does the GPAA say how much gold is in their cons bags?
Wonder how you know you got it all.
Am working on a couple designs myself and if I knew how much was there to begin with I could tell how well new ideas worked.
Did someone say this was called a power sluice?
That makes it not a hand fed sluice?
Am confused on the technicalities.
Still feed the material by hand.
Grey

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NUMBERS ARE PURE BS-YA WANT ONE-I'll let ya use that garbage for free-let the truth set ya free and SAVE your $$$$$$$$$$$ for something that stands a chance of working-John tain't nuttn' but a tinker toy for toyz

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hoser John said:
NUMBERS ARE PURE BS-YA WANT ONE-I'll let ya use that garbage for free-let the truth set ya free and SAVE your $$$$$$$$$$$ for something that stands a chance of working-John tain't nuttn' but a tinker toy for toyz

What the heck are you talking abbout????????
I have no idea,what you wanted to say,sorry,,,,,,

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not sure,all it tells me that its 32/Minute......
Yes,the gold bags each have 5 good size flakes in it,,,,,,That way,you know,if you got tham all.
My Son and I,we pan over a bin...........
I would call this just a pump sluice,I can take it apart in 3 minutes,than its a river sluice.....Eather way,you must feed them right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck with your sluice your working on.....

Sounds like good head and lift numbers.
What is the GPH?
Does the GPAA say how much gold is in their cons bags?
Wonder how you know you got it all.
Am working on a couple designs myself and if I knew how much was there to begin with I could tell how well new ideas worked.
Did someone say this was called a power sluice?
That makes it not a hand fed sluice?
Am confused on the technicalities.
Still feed the material by hand.
Grey

[/quote]

golddust77

Jul 5, 2010
Southern Indiana

Man that looks good . just wanted to innerject about one thing belive it or knot the hose your using will restrict the flow of water i relize that you are just using it for a sluice but that corrigated line builds like back pressure on the pump and restricts the amount of water going to the head of your sluice I have built my own ventury for dredge like box and coulnt figure out why i wasnt gitting the powerfull suction like on my dredge just before i threw it in the trash and thougt i made a slightly lighter boat ancor i changed the hose to a smooth inner side and it took off like like a jet woosh and there was the suction i was wanting just wanted to say good job and throw my 2 bits in .thanks..

OP
OP
nottinon

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

golddust77
Thanks for the tip.....
I can exchange the hose now,i just true that together,Ca's we went out to the Sand Quarry.....
But you are right,it works better with the smooth hose.......Thanks.

golddust77 said:
Man that looks good . just wanted to interject about one thing believe it or knot the hose your using will restrict the flow of water i realize that you are just using it for a sluice but that corrugated line builds like back pressure on the pump and restricts the amount of water going to the head of your sluice I have built my own venture for dredge like box and coolant figure out why i wasn't gitting the powerfull suction like on my dredge just before i threw it in the trash and thou gt i made a slightly lighter boat anchor i changed the hose to a smooth inner side and it took off like like a jet whoosh and there was the suction i was wanting just wanted to say good job and throw my 2 bits in .thanks..

old_mikee

May 26, 2007
Burbank Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT; Minelab XTerra 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That is a great looking setup... I like the adjustable sluice stand and would like to ask if you fabricated that yourself or is it something already readily available?

thanks,

mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread